Options

It’s here! It’s beautiful! Meet our 2019 custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish

ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
We picked up from our dealer Missouri Teardrop on Friday and spent the weekend at Knob Noster State Park and dropped it back off before we headed home to St. Louis. There are a few issues to be taken care of. We absolutely love all the choices we made and will make a walk around video when we get it home to show you our changes and factory mods. 

It’s only going to get cuter from here when we bring in all the special things we’ve created and collected for it and we get our cool decals on the outside. We can’t wait to get it home for good.

Last year we were prepping to order in May when the new models came out, but in mid April, Den was injured in an bad (not car, not his fault) accident and we were not sure he would ever walk unassisted again. He had emergency surgery. He was in a wheelchair for 4 months and then a mix of the chair and a walker for months and then the walker and a cane. 

All the money we had saved for our T@B order could have gone to pay for a whole different life. 

We made it thru it with the help of an amazing surgeon, the guy used to be the surgeon and team doctor for the St. Louis Rams, and months and months and months of daily physical therapy and busting our butts getting him the best care we could. I quit my job so I could tend to him, otherwise he would have had to move to a rehab facility. 

So, there are a lot of emotions tied to this baby. Den isn‘t well yet and probably never will be, but he is walking on his own and that matters so much. 

We have loved T@Bs since we first saw one in 2005 so this has been a long time dream come true.~Colleen

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Oh @ColleenD2 She’s beautiful! Congratulations on her arrival and on what sounds like Den’s very survival! You already have the look of happy campers! Here’s to Many joyful camping trips!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Thank you!

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Wow!
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Yes yeah!  Finally!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MikeJulieAdventureMikeJulieAdventure Member Posts: 14
    Looks amazing! Love the color combination.
  • Options
    Melissa1Melissa1 Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I saw your Tab when we picked up our new Tab 400 from Dana a few weeks ago. I love your custom colors and I wanted so much to see the inside...... and now I got to see your photos of the interior! Super fun. So happy that your husband will be able to enjoy the open road with you.
    p.s. We still haven't had a chance to venture out in our new rig, so I'm jealous.
  • Options
    Sean_DebSean_Deb Member Posts: 9
    When you want to do a custom color scheme do you give paint sample cards to dealer to see if nu camp can do it? Or you just say black cherry body with black accents or what?
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Colleen, I'm really liking your camper.  The outside color at first was out of the box from what I'm used to, but as I looked at it, it totally works.  My wife saw this on Facebook and there were some sour comments, but hey, everyone is entitiled to their opinion and theirs don't count.  Your inside arrangement really looks cheerful.  I'm curious about your no bathroom choice.  I would have gone with your type when we were looking, but "she who must be obeyed" wanted a bathroom.  After camping awhile, I've come to appreciate it..  Anyway, are you coming to the rally in Ohio?  Missouri isn't toooooo far away....
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    AustinRoamersAustinRoamers Member Posts: 45
    Sweet!  She's lovely!
    Kat & Sam      Austin, TX        2018 T@B 400           "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
  • Options
    We gave them a puffy vest for the main color and a paint chip for the trim. They matched it perfectly! As for the bathroom, here is the honest to goodness truth that I have hesitated to say outloud. We have always lived in smaller apartments and it’s bad enough when someone poops in 600 or 900 square feet with the fan on and the door closed. Like tonight, my husband is bragging he ate brats and slaw for lunch and I fed him corned beef and cabbage. I told him I would be sleeping on the couch. Hahahaha I didn’t want to ever have to deal with cleaning it, just peeing in it and not pooping, pooping but wiping and throwing in the trash and all the things people do. Also, when I see someone say they did it for resale but have never used it, I think, what a waste of space. We never once considered resale but I bet a sister on the fly would scoop this up. We are tent campers now and a trip to the bathhouse doesn’t bother me one bit. We will get a porta and a tent for true Boondocking. I love love love having the extra space and the big closet. We split the closet door so we can open the top and have stuff on the shelf below. It just feels sooooo spacious in there.

• Options
    And @TerryV6 no üCamp for us this year. Den isn’t super mobile yet and we want to ease in slowly so we will go next year.