Shelf instead of TV

We don’t watch TV when camping (and if we did, we’d probably stream something on an iPad).  I also really wanted a place to put my book, my beer, and my glasses without having to reach allllllllll the way to the counter in the 320.  :)  So, inspired by @melpeter and @ScottG, we took out the TV and the mount, and installed a “pocket” shelf instead with a lip all around.  Sized the lip to hold our beer tumblers!  Took it on its first run this weekend and it worked great.  Thanks for the inspiration.  This forum is great!

2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota

Comments

• gandegande Member Posts: 91
    That's a nicely done modification!  Very clean installation and construction. Well done!
    gande

2018 T@b 400
    2019 Ram 1500 crew cab / 5.7 V8
  • melpetermelpeter Member Posts: 112
    Fine craftsmanship! Unlike mine. You might inspire me to redo it someday. 
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
    Traveling very light to be kind to my transmission.
  • DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    Keeping this idea in mind.

I "cut my cable" a couple years back at home.. moved from CATV to just Inernet from the cable co.

I still have TVs here for Netflix/Hulu and watching DVDs, but the idea that I'd spend much time watching a TV on the road.. I dunno If I'm really looking to watch a thing I'd be likely to watch on my phone or laptop.. depending on how I feel about space utilization, that might be something I'll consider.

Thanks for sharing.. it looks great.
    ~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    I've yet to regret swapping my TV for a shelf. I use mine for all the little items (keys, wallet, dopp kit, water bottle, etc.) that previously had a hard time finding an accessible but out-of-the-way place to land.
    This year the radio/DVD (and possibly the speakers) may be joining the TV and A/C in storage. I'm thinking the precious spaces they occupy can be better filled with something I actually use!
    2015 T@B S