Options

Husband made custom shelf and drink holder

Looking for some additional storage space for smaller items, and reading thru all the posts on this forum, my husband built this shelf for me. He made it with poplar wood to match the campers existing wood.He did drill holes in the top of the existing wood base of the cabinet, but used a small threaded bolt and wing nut so the entire shelf can be removed to get the the glycerol holding tank. We will use the top of the shelf that is 5.5 inches wide for our phones, keys, glasses, etc. Then use our bins below for some of our clothes. With the leftover wood, he made a drink holder that sits on the bed slat rails that I had seen on another earlier post. I bought a small serving tray that sits perfectly between the cup holders for snacks. The last mod to gain more storage was a simple one, no photo. I just bought one of the smaller expanding brown closet rods and placed it above the storage area above the window next to the A/C unit. I wanted the cargo nets that come on the Outback, but really didnt want to drill holes to mount them, and the rod works great to hold taller items in place now.

Comments