Options

Air Conditioning Unit Change Out - 2015 T@B Max S

13»

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited August 2016
    Considering the &$×# that comes out of China, you know you can't rely on the levels to be level, right?

One little level I bought from a well-known online trailer supply, turned out to be a full bubble off-level.

Can't depend on anything, nowadays... (spoken by a miserly old crotchety geezer, I'm sure)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2016
    Hi, I'm also wanting to change out my factory A/C.  First of all, its super loud, the temp control knob broke on my second outing, and I don't like how I can't direct the air very well.  I can't seem to find here in this post if there are other models that work in the 2015 S Max opening?  Did anyone actually find another model that fits? Thanks 

Has anyone tried this model? Its still probably very loud and hard to direct air, but I would like a stronger model. The 5,000 btu's just doesn't cut it with the heat the fridge puts out and a super hot day.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/8-000-BTU-115-Volt-Window-Mounted-Compact-Air-Conditioner-with-Mechanical-Controls/13448975

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ratkity - It's really slight - like two turns of the jack and a couple extra cranks on the drivers side leveler. Can hardly see it on the bubble levels.
  • Options
    Sparky13Sparky13 Member Posts: 13
    The original Kenmore AC in my 2015 T@b 320 finally quit. I ordered a replacement Frigidaire from Home Depot for $169. It looks exactly the same - looks like they just slapped Frigidaire on it instead of Kenmore. 
    I read a lot of posts. I didn’t have “2 screws that kept it from sliding forward”, so you’ll note that I put a strap on the front anchored by the wooden frame. Also, the old cowling didn’t fit, so I guess I’ll travel “cowling-less”. I used a can of compressed air to clean the drain tube hole (located at the front passenger side of the drip tray). I’m a 63yo woman so my neighbor (thank god for Bert!) lifted it up into the cabinet for me. The whole procedure was easier than I thought.