Options

Floor Construction?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited May 2015
    I dunno, I think the big heavy table works.

We do also use rails and boards in the bed, but in that case we're glad to have the heavy table to use outside.

When we're stopped for more than a quick overnight is when we tend to use the table outside, or in the add-a-room. But then when we're on the move, we'll leave the heavy table inside the Tab, doing its up and down thing.

I suppose LG could offer an optional lighter table, but we're glad we got this one with ours.

It's perfect for dominoes!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    edited May 2015
    mawebb said:
    I checked under the T@B yesterday and the grey water tank extends under where the table mount would be bolted, so it's not looking like a viable option. Now I am thinking of placing a piece of 3/4" plywood, covered in carpet tiles in the area under the table and using it to screw the table base to. I would make it a snug fit and not fasten it in place. I will have to look again to see if this will work. I am going to use rails either way, it's just what to do about a table. I find the standard table heavy and it seems to get in the way, no matter what you do. This seems to be such a common issue, I would like to see what LG could come up with as a better solution for the table / bed. 
    Many of us have successfully installed the pedestal table mount to the foam floor without a problem.  We really like our small table and I have posted pics of it a number of times.

I did see one guy install a regular hardwood floor in his T@B.  There is a video on line I think.  He used just standard strip type wood flooring from a big box store.  It looked good, however I would not want the increased weight and the decreased head room.   
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I have an '06 and had no issues yet with installation of same sequoia table leg system.
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    Wow!  I just found this thread and, again, have to comment on how awesome this forum is and especially the moderators!
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    I was hoping to do the "mouse holes", Sandra, but the Alde radiator coils that are under the bench seats get in the way now. Darn.

I like your drop-leaf table system though... So many projects, so little time.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Mouse holes? Where'd I miss that conversation.
    Sandra - Got a pic of the drop-leafs? Gonna be visiting my storage locker and the table. Right now it's staying there but considering options.
  • Options
    PXL, check out the Yahoo group Files. There are examples there (and I think Sandra posted pix there of her table mod).
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Ugggggg - Yahoo Groups - Don't know why but I don't like them, hence never go there or the Facebook pages.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I know, they aren't as intuitive as they should be.

There's an amazing collection of info and modifications there.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    I've been a member there for a while - took quit some time to get approved though - but never go there because of the way it works.
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Sandra said:
    From Scott Hubble - about the floor construction:

"they used to be (vapor barrier, plywood, linoleum) when Dutchmen made them...

when we (Little Guy) took over, we made the sidewalls and floors with aluminum frames & shot block insulation

So the (floor) layers are (from the bottom up):  vapor barrier, 1/4" miranti or azdel, 1" aluminum framed floor with insulation/styro, 1/8" miranti or azdel and then linoleum.  

we are very close to moving to a new 100% composite floor"

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    As an example, here is what the floor and walls look like:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA