Walker Tent

RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 128
edited October 2019 in Products and Accessories
Finally set up the Walker tent for the first time out in Joshua Tree. The tent took about 3hrs to set up and stake in the ground. It was windy while setting it up, but with two people we were still able to get it done. The tent is well made and built to last many years, the material is not your typical thin tent material but heavy material like vinyl. Once connected to the T@B and staked in the ground it did not move an inch, even though it was windy day out in the high desert, it is a solid set up that would easily handle adverse weather conditions. Aesthetically it is a beautifully made tent and with the curtains installed there is no doubt that it was well worth the price. The fit and the solid construction makes it a good choice if your in the market for a tent to increase your living space or  have company over and want a nice area to hang out. The photos below show it as a tent, but you can remove the side wall facing the front of the camper and the entire front section that holds the door and use it as an anwing. 

2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6

Comments

• Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I have one for my 400, but I travel alone and have not tried to put it up on my own yet.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    3 hours? Is that length of time because it was the first time putting it up?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    I wonder if their inflatable awning (Sunflexx) will be made available for US model T@Bs.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 128
    Yes it was the first time, one mistake we made was staking it in the ground before zipping up the door, had to pull out the stakes in the front, and zip the door closed, then restake it. Also some small parts need to be put together and dont need to be taken apart again so will be quicker next time. I also used a permanent marker to number the aluminum poles so I wont have to spend time figuring out what pole goes into what pole. I'm guessing maybe between one and two hours next time.
    2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • deucedeuce Member Posts: 47
    could could someone explain how the “small L shaped brackets” are installed?

in the Keder slot?

after pulling the Keder rail through?

I’m mystified
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @TabberJohn, All Pro Adventures has the inflatable Sunflex awnings. All Pro Adventures is owned by the original owner of Pleasant Valley Teardrops. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @deuce - how about a picture?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • m_lewism_lewis Member Posts: 76
    Those L brackets slide along a smaller Keder rope at the top of the tent and protect the side of the camper by giving the rafter poles a surface to push against, as well as hold the hook on the end of the poles. 
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite, BMW X3
  • Susan0214Susan0214 Member Posts: 20
    We just ordered the Inflatable Sunflex awning (not the room) for our 2020 320 Boondock Lite. I will post photos when it arrives and is set up. Here in Southwest Florida, rain, sun, and heat are expected on every trip even if we camp a day or two’s drive distance. After camping several times with a large canopy tent up against the trailer and one time without any awning or shade tent, we think it will pay off in the added convenience and enjoyment of our camping experiences. The canopy experiment (we had it before purchasing the 320) proved that having a large covered outdoor area just outside the door not only expands our living area, but keeps the inside of the camper cleaner, reduces heat inside, and makes for a “homey” campsite setup. Basically, a front porch... I hope my expectations are realized!