Options

Alde Drain

Comments

• Options
    suramsuram Member Posts: 13
    Thank you so much! I need all the info I can get. I have spent so many hours in the last few days trying to understand the water system and how to sanitize and empty and winterize and so on. It is so frustrating and I really can't understand why NuCamp doesn't have an explicit manual with model specific details.  I am currently trying to figure out how to drain the water heater (Alde) and determine where the water will come out (fresh water outlet?). I just realized after 2 months that the dealer put water in the freshwater tank (which I thought was empty). Now I need to sanitize and trying to figure all that out. I have one more trip this weekend and then I'll need to winterize. So. Frustrating.

2019 pre-owned T@B 320 S, Alde 3020
    TV 2018 Toyota Highlander 3.5L v6
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @suram, the fresh tank drain on the 320 is just behind the step to enter the t@b. To drain the alde water (heater) tank, there is a yellow flaper type plastic toggle on one of the alde lines, it functions both as a pressure relief and hot water tank drain. Under normal circumstances, the hot water tank holds approx 2.5 gallons. Before trying to drain the tank, some owners place a bucket under the outside alde drain location and measure how much has drained out. This gives a good idea of when the alde tank is near/empty.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thank you! Where is the outside Alde drain location?

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @suram, the below photos should help.  The Alde, cold water and hot water line drain tubes, as well as pressure release/overflow tubes for the 320S are located  generally behind the driver's side tire/wheel under the T@B.  [As pointed out by @dragonsdofly, the fresh water holding tank drain is located under your trailer back behind the door step.]

Item "D" in the center photo is the yellow flapper valve that @dragonsdofly mentioned.  In addition to being the drain valve for the Alde hot water tank, it is also used to release pressure occasionally from your Alde.  It is very important that you read through the Alde manual to learn about releasing that pressure as instructed in the manual.  It is not unusual for some of the pressure to occasionally be released automatically via this safety valve, so you may see some water draining/dripping from the pressure release/overflow tube under your trailer.  Those tubes are located at the area labeled "H."

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The tube labeled "E" (with the red plug) is only used when you are draining the glycol fluid from your Alde reservoir when you are changing the fluid.  Generally, you will keep that drain closed.  You can read more about that in the Alde manual.  I am just pointing it out so you don't open that red plug and accidentally drain all your glycol.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Thank you so much. I have read the Alde manual but don't really understand it all yet. I haven't seen anywhere but your posting about the drain valves underneath in the area where the fresh drain is though. I really appreciate your taking the time to explain. Hoping to spend more time this winter studying about this.
  • Options

This is the image that is in my Alde manual- without description
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @suram, there is no doubt that the Alde manual leaves a lot to be desired.  I think that most of us have learned about the Alde, plumbing, electrical issues, etc., from each other.  There are many discussions on this forum on each of those systems and much more.  If you have not already used it, try the "Search" box at the top right corner of each page on this site.  Just type in some key words that describe what you are looking for (e.g., hot water drain) and you will probably find several discussion threads on it.  Sometimes, just scanning through the list of all the discussions and then reading those that look like they might be of interest to you will lead you to a wealth of information.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Thank you! I have read the forum for hours and hours. Printing out what I want to keep and taking notes. Sometimes I just don't know what I don't know. Sometimes I search without using proper terms. Thank you so much for your help