Shore power puzzle

I need some help in figuring out a shore power puzzle. Electricity is magic to me. On shore power, with the battery switched off, I have power to the air conditioner and all of the outlets. The lights, alde monitor, see level, water pump and Jensen have no power. I have checked the fuses and breakers. All systems are operational with the battery switched on. Any help or direction to previous threads is much appreciated. Thank you, Pete

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    RoseK said:
    . . . On shore power, with the battery switched off, I have power to the air conditioner and all of the outlets.    The lights, alde monitor, see level, water pump and Jensen have no power.

. . . All systems are operational with the battery switched on.

From early posts believe you have a 2017 320 CS-S

So you are having a new problem, that is everything worked correctly; operated when on Shore Power with Battery switch Off before now, Right ?

A Factory installed Battery On/Off Switch is placed between the WFCO Output (as well as TV 7-pin voltage) and the Battery + Terminal.  Normally all T@B systems will work on Shore Power Only . . . with Battery switch in Off.

Sounds like your WFCO 120VAC to 12VDC Convertor has failed.

With Shore Power the Convertor generates the 12VDC needed for lights, etc and when the Battery Switch is On will also charge the battery.

Since your lights don't work with the Battery in OFF, the Convertor is not generating 12VDC

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Yes to the 320cs-s. Yes, battery off everything working as of last Tuesday.Thank you for the response!! I did not recognize the 12v only failure pattern. Tuesday I will get another on the way. Thanks again, this forum is amfantastic resource. Pete
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I seem to remember a discussion regarding a loose wire coming off the converter to the 12 V distribution bar.  You may want to check your DC wires behind your converter panel.  A crimp connecter may be loose.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Could it be the reverse polarity fuse?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited September 2019
    Someone over on the TaG forum had this same problem.  Their converter is different, but changing that fuse did the trick @BrianZ.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    edited September 2019
    My converter went bad on me. It has a 2 year warranty. Go to their website,download the rma paper work, fill it out as best as you can. Their tech support group will confirm your problem and send you a new one(after you send yours in). Be sure to remove your 115vac circuit breakers, they do not provide new ones.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Excellent suggestion, Sharon I will try that first. I will call WFCO about a warranty however I am over the 2 year mark by several months. Never hurts to ask, though. Thanks all. Pete
  • Replaced the faulty converter with a new one and all is well.
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

Sorry... B)
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)