Stove question

2018 T@B 400. Problem with the Dometic stove - one of the burners won't work, not getting any propane. I took it out but could not figure out how to repair it. I really don't want to replace the entire stove. Any advice on someone who might repair this or any suggestions on how to do the repair myself. ? bad valve. Thanks!
Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Did both burners work at one time?
    Have you tried clearing the gas tube to that burner - - - spider web or other blockage.  Pipe Cleaners or wire might do it.

Unfortunately there is near zero public (web) information on these basic OEM items.
    Have always felt NuCamp -- based on the T@B price point -- should not be using the industry standard base (cheap) unit for things like the Stove or Sink.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    Did both burners work at one time?
    Have you tried clearing the gas tube to that burner - - - spider web or other blockage.  Pipe Cleaners or wire might do it.

Unfortunately there is near zero public (web) information on these basic OEM items.
    Have always felt NuCamp -- based on the T@B price point -- should not be using the industry standard base (cheap) unit for things like the Stove or Sink.
    Thanks for the input. One burner works and one doesn't. The one that isn't working clearly isn't getting any gas. It doesn't look easy to disassemble. 
    Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    The Dometic site for the two burner stove appears to have a manual-couldn’t download it due to troubles with my WiFi, but perhaps you’ve already read it. https://www.dometic.com/en-au/au/products/food-and-beverage/cooking/cooktops/dometic-2-burner-_-20487
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited November 2019
    We were having an issue with a sputtering left burner that produced a tall yellow, sooty flame.
    I got nowhere with the manual and received no reply from Dometic support.
    The valve isn't adjustable and the orifice (small brass fitting) does not appear to be easily removed. So I grabbed a needle from a sewing kit to poke/scrape/clean the orifice opening. Bingo, back to normal flame and pressure.
    My guess is a boil-over episode from a prior trip caused the problem.
    Worth a try in your case?
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    @Michael49 using the link @jgram2 provided and poking around that site did find a few reference drawings and internal part numbers for typical 2-burner Cooktop.  Could not find any for an OEM CE099 Cooktop but expect they are all nearly the same.

How do these compare to your observations?
    Full parts diagram can be found in the attached file.
    Not all drawing ID # parts were listed on the site as available for purchase.
    Expect you would have to order any part from a Dealer not via web-site.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    I have this problem but I have no idea where the orifice is. Do you remove the stove to get to it?
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    If you look closely at your cooktop burner, there is a thin metal tube near the burner poking up from under the cooktop.  That is probably the orifice discussed above.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    edited December 2021
    pthomas745
    The "thin metal tube near the burner poking up from under the cooktop" is the thermocouple that must get hot for the gas to remain flowing.  If the flame blows out, the thermocouple quickly cools off and shuts off the gas.  This is a very common device on most gas appliances.
    The orifice is usually at the end of the manifold just before the gas enters the burner assembly where air is mixed with the gas flow for proper combustion. 

Why are there giant holes in the pipe going from the regulator and control  valve to the burner on my LP gas cooktop How does the propane not leak out  right there - 

So, I need to pull the stove to get to it.  :|
    This is all I can see from the top.

Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Jeff, Yes, you need to find where the gas line from the valves connects to the stove burners, which is under the stove unit.  I circled the location (red arrow) in the diagram below:

Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Thanks!
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI