T@B 400–Broken Overhead Cabinet Latches

Both of the concealed positive catches on the overhead cabinet doors on my 400 have recently broken. Does anyone here know what the model number of the replacement is?  I found what appeared to be a visually similar catch on Amazon—RV Designer H227–but it is too small and I don’t want to redrill the holes.

I found a couple of catches on eBay that appear to be correct (they look like they are the same catches used on a Roadtrek), but a model number wasn’t provided and they cost $25 each.

I’ll bother nuCamp if nobody here has the model number.  Thanks.
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax

Comments

• PoohbearPoohbear Member Posts: 2
    One of my catches popped off as well. Did you find the correct replacement part? Thanks.
    2018 T@B 400
    2017 RAM 1500
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    I contacted NuCamp to get the part number of my broken 400 catch, I received replacement catches in the mail.  NuCamp support never ceases to impress me.
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    What's to stop them from breaking again?
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
    I am not sure how to insure they don’t break again but we are squeezing the latch when closing instead of just closing to relieve some of the jarring. Not sure if my solution is answer long term.  The latch that failed has a small bump which retains the spring which had worn and failed.  Not the best design IMHO but they work well until they don’t. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • tbbycattbbycat Member Posts: 7
    Both of mine broke too.  I replaced them and those broke too! I just didn't even bother replacing them again and in 10,000 miles have had no problems with the doors opening during towing.
    t@b400 / Chevy Colorado
  • GiaGia Member Posts: 5
    Ours broke as well. NuCamp said we have to go through dealer (ours is no longer in business). We can order and install ourselves. Would someone please post part number and name? Thanks!
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    You yes, you order parts via any dealer, however nüCamp customer service will give you the part numbers.  Once ordered, they will drop ship to you.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Gia, on Monday, call Missouri Teardrops and talk to whomever answers. They will answer, they will know which parts you are speaking of, and they will have them drop-shipped to you. We only have favorable reports from their ordering help. 

After installing the new ones, never force the cabinets closed. Push the mechanism, allow the cabinet door to close, then release the mechanism. After breaking 3 in 6 months, I didn’t break another in the next 18 months as I was gentle with them. Nope, I never came up with an alternative—I just chose to live with what I had. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    edited August 2020
    While visiting NuCamp in early Feb. I toured the 2021 400 in the lobby and noticed the use of button latches throughout. I picked up a pair and replaced the latches on my 2018 400. One advantage while camping there is no need to lock the cabinet  I just lock them prior to travel.
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    Part Number 56-00-4062 
    Catch - DK Brown (CM8924DB)
    $2.95/ea. if you buy them at the factory.

I did try the Uncle Jeff's Online Emporium, but he did not stock ones that match.  The ones he had are too small.  But if you search for CM8924DB, you will find what appears to be the correct article.

Also, NuCamp no longer uses this catch.  So, I bought a few as spares and I am thinking about the above modification once I run through my supply.

2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • GiaGia Member Posts: 5
    Thank you everyone for the good advice! I’ll update when latch replaced.