Relocate Battery Switch in 2019 - 400

Has anyone relocated the switch ? Is there enough cable to move it next to the fuse so it is accessible from inside the T@B ? I think the cable runs under the bottom of the under berth locker. So, without pulling everything apart ... easier to ask. My 400 is covered for the winter and getting at the switch from the outside is awkward as the cover has to be partially untied. So ....
Thanks.
400 - 2019
St Catharines, ON

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    edited January 2020
    I'm not familiar with the layout on the 400, so I can't answer your specific question. Regardless, it's not too difficult to extend or replace a wire if needed. I had to do it when I added an inside battery cutoff to my 2015.

2015 T@B S
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    The battery connection to the switch comes via a multi connector block bear the battery under the bed. It then runs to the switch and then to the overcurrent trip with the reset button. It might be easier to go to an autoparts store and get another of the trips I think 70Amp. I got mine from Levine auto (not the on off switch). Then you can mount under the bed just behind the front panel. Reroute the wire from the battery connector through this new trip first. The reset button both trips and resets it. You would then leave the disconnect switch on then just lift the bed put in your hand and control via the new trip either off or on.
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    This is what I used for my additional switch panel but you can get a 70A instead to run all in series with the cutoff.