New T@B 400 in FL

Hello!  We have been lurking and learning for quite some time before finding our perfect T@B and making the purchase.  We made the camping progression through many years from tents to popup to hybrid to 30ft TT.  They all served us well and recently it was time to downsize and after seeing a T@B and the quality of build in person, we knew that was it.  We spent quite some time researching and decided, after the Air8 cooling issues, that we wanted to find a new leftover 2019 T@B 400 with the Cool Cat since we live in FL and A/C is VERY important.  We were lucky to find exactly what we wanted at a price we couldn't pass up.  So, my husband drove 530 miles to Arkansas to pick it up.  I'm sure we will have many, many years of fun with it.  We are grateful for this forum and for everything we have learned.  

Comments

• nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    Welcome.  The longer we have our T@B the more we like it.  Sure you'll feel the same.  Count the times you smile about your T@B.  Enjoy. 
    2016 cs-s max
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Happy camping!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Redfish24Redfish24 Member Posts: 25
    Congrats,  I hope to add another one to NW Florida soon. 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @castropjes, welcome! Glad you found exactly what you wanted and hope it suites you well. Get out there and enjoy. Adventures await. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I did. Similar thing last year and drove 4.5 hours to pick up a new 2019 model. I am very happy with it. Nothing so far on the 2020 model would have swayed me regardless of the AC issues.
    I did a lot of camping last year and put 8,000 miles on her with no worries. Only failures were the rubber grommits holding the pot support over a burner when I took it apart to clean it. Also the door lock came loose and damaged the door seal. Got them replaced for free by my dealer.
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Hello!  We have been lurking and learning for quite some time before finding our perfect T@B and making the purchase.  We made the camping progression through many years from tents to popup to hybrid to 30ft TT.  They all served us well and recently it was time to downsize and after seeing a T@B and the quality of build in person, we knew that was it.  We spent quite some time researching and decided, after the Air8 cooling issues, that we wanted to find a new leftover 2019 T@B 400 with the Cool Cat since we live in FL and A/C is VERY important.  We were lucky to find exactly what we wanted at a price we couldn't pass up.  So, my husband drove 530 miles to Arkansas to pick it up.  I'm sure we will have many, many years of fun with it.  We are grateful for this forum and for everything we have learned.  
    Well you traveled a little further than us!

We went from Tampa to Atlanta (Stone Mountain) last fall to pick up a used T@B 320S because we couldn't find any in FL at the time for a reasonable price.

We even had a hard time finding a nearby used/new T@B to see in real life, until a kind soul in Lakeland invited us to see their 320 in person.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    Congratulations! We too opted for a new 2019 last August even though the 2020's were already out. Our dealer gently but wisely steered us away from the 2020's because he had already heard rumblings of the Air8 issues. We are VERY glad we got the 2019 with the CoolCat and absolutely love our @stro
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    We did the same as well.  Drove from the DFW area to Lubbock to buy a new 2019 in October of last year because of the Air8 issues that have yet to be resolved on the 2020 and beyond models.  I noticed they are using the Air8 in their Avia Large RV as well.  Wonder how many of those they need to cool a trailer twice as big as our 400.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @JCALD The Avia models are now using a rooftop A/C unit. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    Was that a change after the first run was produced?  I definitely saw an 
    Air8 in a lower cabinet during a walk thru video produced by a large Texas dealer.
    @JCALD, yes, only a few Avia’s were produced with the Air8. Definitely less than 30, maybe closer to 20 and not all of those were sold as some were prototypes. nüCamp started numbering the Avia’s at number 1, so the owners do know when they were manufactured. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Tabmann400Tabmann400 Member Posts: 22
    @castropjes,  welcome to the nuCamp family.  Congratulations on your new Tab 400.  Continue reading the forum, there’s a wealth of info here.  You may private message me if you desire.  We are from Jacksonville, FL area.  We have a 2018 Tab 400 with similar options with yours.  

Very happy with our Tab 400.  We went to nuCamp 2019 Rally at Sugarcreek, OH last year.  I have learned a lot about our Tab 400, it’s equipments and systems during that trip and after two years of using the Tab.  Travels with Delaney (TWD) in YouTube also has lots of great tutorials about our Tab 400.  

Be very careful with the window screen and shade when pulling them up or down.  The string might snap out and it is very hard to fix.  That was the first thing that gave me a problem.

Another big problem we had was the door NOT locking or unlocking during extreme high temperature weather.  Just kinda be aware.  It happened to us in Key West during 96 degrees F day and in southern Utah after our nuCamp 2019 trip.  nuCamp sent me a simple fix kit (just 4 washers for adjustment). Easy fix, no problem. Maybe nuCamp had already adjusted the doors for 2019 Tab 400 to prevent this problem.

I don’t mean to disappoint you with these two items.  We are very happy with our Tab 400 and nuCamp customer support. The forum has also been very helpful. I am sure you’ll be very happy with your Tab 400.

We met Verna and the McCormicks from TWD and a lot of wonderful Tab owners at 2019 nuCamp Rally last year.  Hello, Verna.

We can meet up sometime with other Florida Tab owners.

Manny & Anne, from northeast Florida,  2018 Tab 400,  Silver with black trim, towed by 2017 Ram 1500
    Hi, @Tabmann400
    Verna, Columbus, IN