T@B Cover Repair?

ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
Earlier this winter, ice I was raking off the T@B fell and tore about a 6" gash in my PahaQue cover. It's low and in the front so functionally it's not a big deal, but I'd like to eventually do something to prevent it from spreading.
Anybody have any successful experience patching or otherwise repairing a PahaQue cover?
2015 T@B S

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    edited February 2020
    I did the same thing while pushing mine with a broom.  The six inch rip is just above the front window. 
    I used gaffer tape to seal the rip.  It has been almost a year now,  the cover has come off the trailer several times, the tape is still holding strong,  has not leaked. Gaffer's tape is very flexible.
    I bought some heavy waterproof tape for another job several months ago, and it was the stickiest tape I've ever dealt with.  I'm sure it would work, but not sure how flexible it would be after being in the sun for a long time.
    A FB post claimed a resin called Solarez will also patch holes in fabric like the covers.  It is used primarily for surfboard "dings", and cures in the sun.  I have a tube of it, but have not tried it yet, but it certainly seems like it would work. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    If you don't want to sew it yourself or bring it to a canvas shop for repair, you could try using a piece of Dacron sail repair tape on it.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Thanks! I'm not familiar with gaffer's tape or sail repair tape but will look into them as they sound like viable (and simple) options for this as well as lots of other repairs.

2015 T@B S
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    It's only meant to be temporary, but if you clean the area and put tape on both sides it would probably hold up for a while.

https://www.sailrite.com/Repair-Tape-Dacron-White-2-x-15
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    We used clear gorilla tape on some slits in a fabric gazebo roof.  Has held up for over 2 years so far in the FL sun.  We put a piece on the inside and outside
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL