New Use for Our ARB Fridge

Our T@B is still winterized, but we are using our ARB fridge inside the house for storing extra cartons of milk, OJ, etc.  This reduces the frequency of trips to the grocery store, and hopefully also our risk of exposure to others during this pandemic.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 

Comments

• CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Just curious, why did yo select ARB brand over Dometic?  We have been mulling over going electric instead of our trusted Yeti for a while now and would appreciate your insight.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    We use our ARB that way too and have used it for family gatherings, sporting events, etc.  

I bought my ARB as an investment and because it is such a low amperage draw on the battery.  It is an outstanding unit, might be a little expensive but is worth its weight in gold.  I have had it stored inside a hot vehicle and yet the veggies are fresh, the drinks are always cold and it stands up to its intended use. If you plan to camp and go off grid for years to come you will enjoy it and it will pay dividends and without the hassle of replenishing ice.  I have actually placed ice in the ARB and used it for cold drinks as needed in the back country with great results.  I was skeptical at first and cringed at the price, but am a believer and couldn’t be happier about my decision to purchase my 50 quart unit.  👍🏻😀  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    CrabTab said:
    Just curious, why did yo select ARB brand over Dometic?  We have been mulling over going electric instead of our trusted Yeti for a while now and would appreciate your insight.
    I have an ARB. I chose it for its stellar reputation for long life and also for excellent customer service.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I own an Indel B. Works awesomely!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    BrianZ said:
    Our T@B is still winterized, but we are using our ARB fridge inside the house for storing extra cartons of milk, OJ, etc.  This reduces the frequency of trips to the grocery store, and hopefully also our risk of exposure to others during this pandemic.

Costco has some compressor portable fridges right now and I’m thinking about getting one for the same reason. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
    edited April 2020
    Firstly, sorry for hijacking the discussion @BrianZ. Secondly, thanks to those that answered my question.

We just entered the electric cooler crowd with the purchase of a Dometic CFX3 75, dual zone powered cooler using our 20% off member discount coupon at REI. The ARB comments here were enticing, but went Dometic after learning many ARB internals are made by Dometic (Hope in the future we can recommend our choice the way the ARB crowd has here :)  ). 

Thanks again everyone!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    No problem, @CrabTab.  You had a good question that I wasn't sure how to answer anyway.  In fact, I had the same questions before buying, but don't recall the basis for my decision.  It may just have been the sheer numbers of positive recommendations from other owners.  We've been satisfied with our purchase, including the somewhat overpriced jacket that extends its insulation and helps protect it from dings.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    @CrabTab ,  We have a 'Waeco' unit (purchased '06) that 'Dometic' bought out, looks identical except for the name on the front. Has operated flawlessly off 120VAC or 12VDC (with solar) for our camping and at home extra space needs. These 'Danfoss' compressor powered units no mater which manufacturer are excellent. 
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100
  • chpivchpiv Member Posts: 20
    I chose the ARB as others have stated based on reviews here and else where. I also chose not to purchase a Dometic because I tried to order four mounting screws and eight silicone seals for my T@B 320 stove. The parts should have cost less than $20.00. I was quoted nearly $80.00 for the mounting screws with the plastic piece to hold the stove in place. The silicone seals for the pot stands on the stove were also astronomically priced but don’t remember how much. I hung up and will always remember that experience.
    2015 Little Guy T@B Outback
    2017 Toyota Tacoma Offroad
    Bishop, CA
    Thanks for sharing your experience with 'similar' equipment @Geo. We're looking forward to our unit arriving...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022