Small Bit of Extra Storage

DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
I needed a place to store the thermocouple displays for the basement heating system, now that I've dewinterized (if we ever get to camp again in 2020).

Started to make a wee tray in the driver side wheel well area that has the converter, some plumbing, and some electrical runs.  But then realized I could add some lightweight wood to the whole area to end up with a 3 x 1.1 x 0.5 foot shelf to store shirts and stuff, since I haven't ever needed to go into that area for three years.

Not my best work, but easy extra storage, and can be unscrewed and removed if access is ever needed.  Plenty of air space around the converter.  Need to remove excess glue, and create a half inch gap for the wire bundle that runs over the wheel well.  But you get the idea.

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    edited March 2020
    Looks good to me @DougH. Ya' gotta make storage wherever you can in these little campers.
    Appropriating an idea from someone else on the forum, I did something similar with a tool tray in that spot. It has the advantage of lifting out but doesn't offer quite as much flexible space as your shelf. I use it for various and sundry pieces-parts that I don't need access to very often.
    2015 T@B S
  • Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    DougH said:
    I needed a place to store the thermocouple displays for the basement heating system, now that I've dewinterized (if we ever get to camp again in 2020).

Started to make a wee tray in the driver side wheel well area that has the converter, some plumbing, and some electrical runs.  But then realized I could add some lightweight wood to the whole area to end up with a 3 x 1.1 x 0.5 foot shelf to store shirts and stuff, since I haven't ever needed to go into that area for three years.

Not my best work, but easy extra storage, and can be unscrewed and removed if access is ever needed.  Plenty of air space around the converter.  Need to remove excess glue, and create a half inch gap for the wire bundle that runs over the wheel well.  But you get the idea.

I did a similar modification to that area a couple of years ago. Every square inch of storage is precious.

2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    I also am using the space with a simple removal (one screw) wire shelf.  Thinking wire would allow more air flow for power center.  Space works well for extra paper towel/TP/other backup supplies storage.

Recently placed an eBike Charger under the shelf (attached to shelf)

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+