Hello from Napa Ca

T@byredT@byred Member Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Introductions
    Joined this sight over a year ago. Just wanted to thank the people here for all they do. From recommendations, to problem solving to their kindness they showed to new comers. I have a 2007 striped down model Dutchman tab.  Everything seems to work just fine on my unit until today when the 12 volt didn't work. I sight reminded me of the obvious to check. Just happened to be loose wire to the for the battery shut off. Didn't know there was one as it is just wire not a switch. And thanks to this sight I will be installing one. Every thing works just as it should now. That I tighten the red wire. 
And of course thanks to my husband for explaining 12 volt to me as I do most repair myself. He is a great supervisor.
 I use to own a 1974 Apache popup hardside. But being over 64 is was just to hard to set up by myself now that my son is grown. So with a heavy heart I sold it. I loved working on it to make it my own. From adding additional storage to turning a  double bed end into a  king size to painting inside and out and applying decals and my last project to sewing an awning and recovering the cushions 
My Apache group had round-ups and we had a ball. Haven't gone thru this whole sight yet but does the TAB group have camping gatherings? If you do are new comers invited ? And are they in Calif. Our first round-up we had 28 Apache Campers. Man what a show and tell that was. We had people come from all over. Kentucky was the farthest, then Canada, Washington, Utah, Arizona. Man we had fun. So  I hope to get acquainted with new people who enjoy camping. So much for a short thank you. So take care 

Debbie from Napa.       

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    edited April 2020
    @T@byred , Debbie, welcome, welcome, welcome! Yes, there are local, regional and national gatherings of t@b owners, but the corvid 19 stuff has cancelled or postponed some this year. Some are on hold. Continue checking in for info and updates. And good luck with everything! -Denise 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 154
    Check out "Tabazona" in Mesa Az. It's in late Jan or early Feb.  It's a good time.  They have a big group on FB.
    WilliamA
    2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.  
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    edited April 2020
    @T@byred ...if you also do FB ,.besides the one that @WilliamA mentioned there are a couple others.. specifically a NorCal and a SoCal group for meetups...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Hi Debbie 
    We have a NorCal group that rallies in Olema (Pt Reyes) in May and October. Unfortunately we’ve had to cancel the May rally so our next rally will be in October. If you have a Facebook account you can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/norcaltabfamily/

If you’re not on Facebook send me a direct message with your email address and I’ll get you added to the list. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • T@byredT@byred Member Posts: 8
    Thanks I was just accepted on the Nor Cal Facebook. 
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @T@byred - Welcome!  We are not far... Washington State.  We usually have two rallies... East Meets West in May and F@llJ@m... unfortunately both have been cancelled for this year.  Watch the "EVENTS" part of this forum... a great way to find events and meet up with other T@bbers.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA