Options

Vent while sleeping

OmniphilOmniphil Member Posts: 50
So there is that sticker on the fantastic fan to vent while sleeping. Is this mostly for moisture build up? It seems counter intuitive to have a hole in the roof for all the heat to go out? But maybe there is some safety reason for it too.

What about leaving the front kitchen window open a crack instead?

(T@B 320S)

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited April 2020
    Omniphil said:
    So there is that sticker on the fantastic fan to vent while sleeping. Is this mostly for moisture build up? It seems counter intuitive to have a hole in the roof for all the heat to go out? But maybe there is some safety reason for it too.

What about leaving the front kitchen window open a crack instead?

(T@B 320S)
    Yes. It doesn't have to be much, but I always crack the vent and a window. It is to prevent condensation.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 418
    To add to what jkjenn said on our maiden two night stay we found a window needed to be cracked as well as the fan vent.  The first night we had only the fan vent cracked.  We woke the first morning to find a moisture droplet on every nail and brad head used to fasten the ceiling to the roof.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I have never cracked my fan vent, (actually have it covered up with dark felt), but I do crack all three windows.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    I do both, crack the front window and the fan vent. I don’t feel the cold air by using the front window. In summer I will crack open all three windows and the fan.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    OmniphilOmniphil Member Posts: 50
    When you guys say cracked, what are we talking here, like an inch? I had the fan cover open probably 50% of the way open... 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    edited April 2020
    @Omniphil for the fan, just till I see a bit of daylight. Just enough for air to move. If it’s warm enough outside then probably a few inches open. The windows have a second locked position. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red