Options

Winegard Connect 2.0 for Online College Classes

One of the things I desired to do was go back to college, so I have. However, I am a student in an online class, so I needed a solution to keep me connected. I was preparing to purchase the T@B320S and the Winegard caught my eye.

Using a cell phone as a hotspot never really worked well for me in the past so I decided to get it installed. It has a handy WiFi booster system that will aid in connecting to weak WiFi campground signals or you can connect with the units 4G/LTE.

I had the dealer install the unit and it worked very well in a trial test. I did not go with the Winegard supplied subscription and instead utilized my own ATT account. 

For those who may get one, when you do set it up, you need to use "phone" for the cell service provider if ATT and not "BROADBAND" as stated in the Winegard manual. 

The cost of the Winegard made it attractive, at $245, which is not too bad of a price. You then just have to add it to the cell provider account you have. Note if you do not use the provided Winegard, you will need to climb up (using a ladder of course) and remove the SIM card and replace it with the SIM provided by the service provider.

Ballermaris
Tow Vehicle - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Trailer - 2016 T@B320S

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    One of the things I desired to do was go back to college, so I have. However, I am a student in an online class, so I needed a solution to keep me connected. I was preparing to purchase the T@B320S and the Winegard caught my eye.

Using a cell phone as a hotspot never really worked well for me in the past so I decided to get it installed. It has a handy WiFi booster system that will aid in connecting to weak WiFi campground signals or you can connect with the units 4G/LTE.

I had the dealer install the unit and it worked very well in a trial test. I did not go with the Winegard supplied subscription and instead utilized my own ATT account. 

For those who may get one, when you do set it up, you need to use "phone" for the cell service provider if ATT and not "BROADBAND" as stated in the Winegard manual. 

The cost of the Winegard made it attractive, at $245, which is not too bad of a price. You then just have to add it to the cell provider account you have. Note if you do not use the provided Winegard, you will need to climb up (using a ladder of course) and remove the SIM card and replace it with the SIM provided by the service provider.

Good feedback. Can you use Verizon, as well?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BallermarisBallermaris Member Posts: 32
    Yes absolutely, it can use Version. If you do, remember you will have to pop the SIM card that is in there out of it and put in a new one. The instructions for setting it up for Version are similar but you should "Google" the latest setup for the unit and the firmware will need to be updated.
    Ballermaris
    Trailer - 2016 T@B320S
  • Options
    Yes absolutely, it can use Version. If you do, remember you will have to pop the SIM card that is in there out of it and put in a new one. The instructions for setting it up for Version are similar but you should "Google" the latest setup for the unit and the firmware will need to be updated.
    Thanks! This has been something I have been looking at for a while. The second generation seems to be a real improvement and at a lower cost. Do you have photos of what it looks like installed?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BallermarisBallermaris Member Posts: 32

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. The photo of my unit as installed on the top of my 2016 T@B320S.

There is also a small on/off switch inside the trailer next to the power panel where they installed it. It would recommend a professional install. Also since it has a Winegard Cell Card inside of it, you will need to remove it if you do not plan to use their service and instead get an actual ATT card to put in it.
    Ballermaris
    Trailer - 2016 T@B320S
  • Options
    Thanks! It looks great!