Looking for best bedding fit TAB 400

We are new to the forum but really appreciate any help since we are picking up our 2019 TAB 400 Boondock Lite in 4 days and have never really spent time in one. Buying long distance during a pandemic, but it is what it is. I have seen various responses on the main bed sheet size. Do Queen sheets fit the standard cushions well? I saw one video that mentioned deep pocketed Full sheets worked best. What have you all found has worked best over time? Are the sheets for the front dinette a different size? Thanks in advance.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab

Comments

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    edited May 2020
    A Queen sized bed is 60"x80".  The bed in a TAB400 is only 58"x79".  I have heard that referred to as an "RV Queen."  I have found that regular (if there even is such a thing) Full sized sheets fit the bed well.  I think there is a lot of "slack" when using Queen sheets.
    The dinette bed is a really odd shape.  If you want sheets to fit snugly there you will have to have them specially made.  I usually use a regular sheet folded in half with a blanket on top if necessary.  I am 6'2" tall and find the front dinette--with the back cushions removed--roomy enough.  Although, if you tend to sprawl while you sleep it may be less so.
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    After watching my DW struggle with tucking in the sheets, I decided we needed a better solution.
    For the bed, we use a queen sized RV Superbag. 
    http://www.rvsuperbag.com/Decorator-Bedspread-Superbag/productinfo/DRV/
    It lays on top and the sheets can be removed and washed.
    Under that, we put a 2" topper which we sliced up to fit the cushions. This allows access to the storage. We hold the foam in place with crib sheets,

We spent 11 weeks out with this setup and we were very comfortable.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    @JeffroNC and @falcon1970 much appreciate your input! My wife and I spent one night on the road back from picking up our TAB 400 and the standard mattress is not that bad, but can be improved. Thanks for the ideas.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Fyi you can firm up the bed springs "froli?" In any area you like. You csn purchase the spring sections and put a new one inside the old with a longer screw. I did this with all the springs, as it was too soft for me.
  • TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    Actually the is the same as a residential full size mattress minus one inch in length.  Nucamp changed their website to show the correct size which is 54x79
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    Tabfortwo said:
    Actually the is the same as a residential full size mattress minus one inch in length.  Nucamp changed their website to show the correct size which is 54x79
    Not trying to nit pick...but I just looked at the nucamp website and it says 55" x 79" (and 57" x 79" for the Solo)
    So a smidge bigger than a full. I'm glad for the length though, which would be a problem for me if it were full size (75").
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Can someone with a 2021 T@B 400 confirm the mattress is 55 x 79?  Thanks
    2021 T@B 400, 2020 Audi Q5 
    Portland, OR
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    It is closer to 56 inches wide, but that is the top of the mattress panels assembled together. You can compress the width to 55-inches.  If getting bedding for two to sleep under, you want standard Queen size bedding or the Queen size RVSuper bag.  If sleeping alone, a Twin size XL sheet will cover the bed., as will the Twin RVSuper bag.  The length is 79-inches, except for the one missing corner at the foot of the front part.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    If getting a mattress topper, we got a “Full Size or Double” bed topper, and it fits perfectly on the TaB400 bunk.  But we use Queen sheets and comforter.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • aphillipsaphillips Member Posts: 27
    @JeffroNC Thanks for this suggestion! We just ordered a new Tab 400! Standard crib sheets seem to be around 52" long. Are you able to get those around the three sections or did you have to buy extra long ones? Appreciate the help. 
    2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    I don’t remember getting anything special. Off the shelf at Stuffmart. We put one on each section. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI