Inverter Outlet TAB400

I just had occasion to check the inverter outlet on my 2019 TAB400 and found that there was an open ground.  Is this normal?  Do I have a loose ground wire somewhere in there?  If anyone has been running a CPAP from this outlet, does an open ground affect the operation of the CPAP?

Comments

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    OK, If anyone cares, an open ground on an AIMS Power model PWRIX120012S inverter (as installed in a 2019 TAB400) is NORMAL--according to tech support at AIMSPower.  The tech guy at AIMS gave me an explanation which, while it didn't go completely over my head did hit me rather high on the forehead.  In any case, he assured me it was normal and wouldn't cause any problems with any equipment.
  • qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    So i have looked everywhere to see exactly where to locate the inverter outlet on our recently acquired 2019 Tab 400 BDL. There is an outlet under the TV a the end of the bed but I can find no button to activate the inverter. My battery is completely encased so before I take stuff apart can anyone show me where to look and what I am looking for? The prior owner told me this model had a 1200 W inverter but apparently had not used it. Ours did not have factory solar but did have a dealer installed solar port on the driver side. Many thanks

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
    Some photos from under the bed panel and from outside to help me understand what I am looking at. The cover has several screws that are not that easy to access, and the solar add on has added two wires on the far side thru the cover. I just don't understand how this is all wired so any ideas appreciated before I start messing with this!

Looking from under bed out access door; holes where solar add on wires are thru cover

Outlet that I thought was for the inverter, but seems to be just a 110 outlet on shore power

Wire from left coming from outside driver side to attach solar; connection point and access holes to battery. Is there an inverter under the cover??

View of cover from access door with battery disconnect switch and additional wire from solar add on?

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    If your TAB came with a factory installed inverter it should be mounted under the bed on the front wall of the storage compartment.

The inverter outlet and the on/off switch would be above the 120vac outlet in your picture.

It doesn't look to me that an inverter was installed inn your unit--unless the previous owner installed it later and mounted it somewhere else.  In that case, look for a black unit about 8"x14"x 4".  There are not many (if any) other places it could fit.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited May 2020
    You got your cargo stuffed too close to the inverter, it needs air space to cool properly.  I added a plywood divider between cargo area and the inverter.

yes on the 2018/2019 TaB 400 the inverter is where shown, under the center bed compartment, but I have seen some with the added ply compartment around the inverter, fuse blocks and wires, with a top panel added to close this off.  The outlet/switch is under the extended counter over the bed foot area, on the angled panel as you have shown.  Nice job with the photos and arrows.

the OPs photos are showing the area under the passenger side of the bunk area, normally accessed by the outside cargo area door.  He should have a look under the center bed compartment to see if the inverter is there.  Also, a lack of the single inverter outlet and switch would also indicate no inverter.

In 2020/2021 this has all changed, with the inverter moved to the back of the center bunk compartment along with the battery, and the inverter lowers two duplex outlets, one in the back and one up front.  Hard to keep up with nuCamp on this one.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    If your TAB came with a factory installed inverter it should be mounted under the bed on the front wall of the storage compartment. 

Nothing on my front wall except the wire coming from the dealer installed solar plug in.

@falcon1970 and @Denny16 this is exactly what I needed to see. All the prior owner did for a mod was to add the connection for solar via a plug on driver's side, and unless the dealer who did this moved the inverter it is not there. Plus there is no evidence for a switch or inverter plug in my unit. So not sure I would use it a lot anyway, but we will try out what we have and get to know our new TAB, This forum is pretty amazing in that the entire internet and all factory documentation did not have a picture of the location of the plug in my model year. And the prior owner had no knowledge other than his paperwork indicated a 1200W inverter was part of the Boondock package. Do you all know if it was supposed to be on all 2019 BDL models on just on some?

Best to all

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The inverter was an option on the 2019 400 models. The previous owner may not have ordered it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    @Verna That clears it up! Much appreciated.

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @qhumberd I have a 2019 400 BDL and ordered it from factory. The inverter was definitely NOT part of solar package or BDL package, it was an extra cost option seperate from any other package.

I opted out of inverter, my plan is to add a 2000w Victron at some point.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite