Sewer hose Yakima rack with lights

TaterTater Member Posts: 134
edited May 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades
So I’ve looked at a lot of threads for the sewer hose holders on the Yakima racks.  I actually have the metal plates that go in the track. My problem is how do the mounts for the crossbars the part that hooks into the track how do you get those off the track ?  I think I read that the top one is screwed in but I don’t think the bottom one is but I’ve got the key but I can’t get it off. 

Second question I have the lights mounted to the track which Will have to come off as well. Anyone take those off ? Issues ?

Thank you
2019 320S Boondock Edge

Comments

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Do you really want the dripping nasty thing running down the back of your trailer?
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • TaterTater Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2020
    Sorry, should have clarified. Both ends of hose are capped and it’s in a Valterra Tube with closed ends. It doesn’t leak. 
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449
    edited May 2020
    Tater said:
    So I’ve looked at a lot of threads for the sewer hose holders on the Yakima racks.  I actually have the metal plates that go in the track. My problem is how do the mounts for the crossbars the part that hooks into the track how do you get those off the track ?  I think I read that the top one is screwed in but I don’t think the bottom one is but I’ve got the key but I can’t get it off. 

Second question I have the lights mounted to the track which Will have to come off as well. Anyone take those off ? Issues ?

Thank you
    Correct in that the upper bar is through bolted and doesn’t adjust.
    To adjust the mounts on the Yakima tracks first find your key and unlock the side covers.  Open by lifting the side covers.  This releases the towers from the landing pad.  Then you’ll see two Allen head screws attaching landing pad to Yakima track.  Loosen those.  Don’t remove screw totally or square nut in track will slide down track.  Place landing pad where you want and reverse process.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

Thank you !!
    2019 320S Boondock Edge