Options

Anyone recognize this plastic pipe?

we took the T@B out for a quick overnighter last week and everything worked fine.  I put her away, overed her up, and a couple days later found this on the ground near the back of the T@B.  Could just be trash (but it's an odd place for it), or it could be something that fell off the T@B.  Anyone recognize it?

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

Comments

• Options
    BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    Is there any evidence of pvc solvent or that it was joined with another pipe?  If not then it may be left over from the construction process and just now worked its way out.
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Could it be part of the AC fan vent?
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Thanks...I'll double check the roof vents (fan, black tank) and A/C.  My method for the cover is to accordian fold it on the propane/battery cover, attach a long rope at the rear "PahaQue" decal, throw the line over the roof and pull it front to back over the top.  I can do this in less than 5 minutes, but I have to be careful of those roof vents.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Thanks...I'll double check the roof vents (fan, black tank) and A/C.  My method for the cover is to accordian fold it on the propane/battery cover, attach a long rope at the rear "PahaQue" decal, throw the line over the roof and pull it front to back over the top.  I can do this in less than 5 minutes, but I have to be careful of those roof vents.
    This sounds rather brilliant.  I might have to give this a try!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Is it the tailpipe?  lol
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    My method, that I perfected on my first attempt, should only be attempted by a trained professional like myself.  I will skip to the best part, wait until the cover snags on the small roof vent, then tug on the cover until the top of the vent breaks off.  Now, spend the next hour repairing said vent.

like I said, this should only be attempted by skilled cover puter oners.   B)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited June 2015
    And only by someone with a supply of black pvc and glue.
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    PXLated said:
    And only by someone with a supply of black pic and glue.
    I was lucky, the cap on top snaps into place and has one square head screw recessed inside to keep it in place.   The repair was simple and like many repairs the fix is stronger than the original.  
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    It does look like that vent pipe... Lacking the little cap.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya