Options

Clear plastic on body under corners of front and back windows - what to do when they get damaged?

qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
While getting our TAB 400 BDL ready for our first trip, I noticed the L shaped flexible plastic piece affixed to the body of the trailer curling up. I removed it but then thought someone may know if those are there to prevent scratching the trailer body or if they should be replaced? I have a couple of pics of the curled one and one that is still intact. Any ideas> Thanks

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    I used 

3M Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection 

And cut it to shape. A number of sizes available from Amazon. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @DenisP . So I am assuming the plastic is on the front and back windows to protect the finish but not on the side (kitchen window) due to the location of that window? Or should I apply around the corners of that one as well?

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I just replaced the protection around the front window. I used the old pieces as a template and cut the protectant to shape.  I followed the directions for cleaning the surface and applying.  Similar application as a vinyl decal.  I have had no further issues.
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    Just curious... What are those supposed to protect? They cover so little area they seem superfluous. Is that a spot that is particularly prone to abrasion or damage for some reason?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    They are located where the window edge and the body make contact. The contact point is not very wide and since the window at highway speed can flex some the body is protected from abrasion. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    @DenisP makes sense and thanks. Not sure I would have found the material so quickly without this forum! Just another example of attention to detail by NuCamp, and the owners.