Trailer Dolly recommendations

Hi there. Have a 2020 T@B and a complicated parking situation. Very tricky to try and park it by myself so I am considering a dolly. Does anyone have a particular model they are using and are satisfied with? 
I appreciate any recommendations. 
Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited June 2020
    Something to consider while researching is the degree of slope of your driveway. I found that most powered dollies could not handle the 12° slope of mine. And you REALLY do not want to try to push your trailer uphill by yourself with a manual dolly. Apps are available for smartphones so you can take a measurement. If your driveway is very flat, you’ll have a lot more options.

Several of us have the permanently installed, remote controlled Purpleline trailer mover and love it. I unhitch on the road (on a 6° slant) and then use the remote to drive the trailer up a steep, curved driveway bordered by a rock wall, and into a carport that’s angled to that wall in such a way that I won’t even try to park my car in there. It would be literally impossible without the Purpleline. It’s also incredibly useful for hitching, and for maneuvering into campsites. I absolutely will never own another trailer without it.

The only disadvantage (aside from cost) is that it attracts an audience
    ...every
     ...single  
       ...time. 😁

Still worth it, best mod I’ve done.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    www.purplelineusa.com Enduro Power Mover. Best invention ever!!!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 484
    edited June 2020
    Only downside of the Enduro mover is that you loose quite a lot of ground clearance.  If this an issue for you, consider the Quattro mover (also from www.purpleline.com).

This sits snug against the frame and you only loose about 1.5" of clearance.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    You don't say which model trailer you have.  I have 320, and a basic manual trailer dolly from Amazon. My parking area space has a very small slope.  I used to move the trailer around by hand and it was ok, but the dolly makes it massively easier.   Did take a bit of practice,  but totally worth it.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    Thank you everyone for your responses. Really looking forward to hitting the road with my T@B 320. We don’t have much of a slope but we live on a single lane road with a hard 90% turn into the parking area I wasn’t taking her out much because I was afraid I would get stuck blocking the only access to the spit. 
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Sunny2WSSunny2WS Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone used the Trailer Valet RVR3 model?  I’m thinking of getting this with the ball mount attachment for use to get t@b into a 90 degree tight garage. 
    2021 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota Tacoma
  • JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    I use a two wheel dolly with a ball hitch that I purchased at Harbor Freight. It's kind of cheap and has even started to bend a little, but as long as I keep air in the tires it does the job. I am on a flat surface but I have pulled it to the beginning of our hill and it scared me because I felt I could lose it, if I let it get momentum. Keep some chucks handy.