Options

Victron Terminology

Where can I find what the various terms mean utilized on the Victron App? The manual is of no help and I am unable to find what I’m hoping to find on their website. Thanks!
2020 T@B 400 w/ factory solar
2015 Nissan Frontier SV, 4WD Crew Cab
Cottage Grove, MN

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    LloydLloyd Member Posts: 34
    Thanks. It is helpful. In a partially cloudy site canted away from the direct rays of the sun, I’m reading  from 4-6 watts. This seems low to me. Thoughts anyone. 
    Cottage Grove, MN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Lloyd said:
    Thanks. It is helpful. In a partially cloudy site canted away from the direct rays of the sun, I’m reading  from 4-6 watts. This seems low to me. Thoughts anyone. 
    Do you have the factory solar?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes. Appears to be functioning properly. 
    Cottage Grove, MN
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    Your battery voltage is showing you it is charging, with the 13.32 V (voltage) number.
    The "state" is showing as "Bulk", which is one of the three stages of charging a battery.
    So, without knowing what you are running inside the trailer, the good news is whatever solar you are getting is charging your battery.
    This battery FAQ has a description of the different stages of charging.

I love my Victron stuff, but they would make billions if they would stop pretending that everyone is a nuclear power plant engineer and write some FAQ's in plain English.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Well stated. Quantum mechanics might be easier. 
    Cottage Grove, MN
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    nuclear engineer / rocket scientist / embedded defense systems engineer here.  but almost flunked my quantum coursework back in the day.  your image showed bulk phase and 19W, but if at the time you saw 4-6W if your battery was close to fully charged, the victron may just show a few watts and "float" even with a perfect solar angle.  perfectly normal. 

but power on an inverter and a toaster, and within a few seconds the victron should switch to "bulk" and show the max solar watts it can pull from the panel(s).

on the other hand, i've had some solar panels that worked amazingly well before sunrise, and others where the sun has to be pretty dang exactly dead on to even get half of the rated panel wattage. if there's (1) not direct cloud obstruction, (2) the sun is within 45 degrees of straight at the panel, (3) the toaster is running, (4) voltage is down to 12.5V or lower, and (5) still you're seeing "bulk" and (6) only 4W... then it sounds like the panel has had better days, might be a design that only works in a very narrow set of conditions, or there's another problem in the broader system.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max