Options

Suggestions for Spokane area campgrounds?

MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
We're visiting family in Spokane and have no idea where we'd camp other than Riverside SP. Any recommenations? We'd be there late September. After the family visit we'd either go into Idaho or scoot back to the Cascades via the northern route, total trip time about 1 week. We've been primarily dry campers but can try out amenity camping for family.
Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
managed by VE Smart Network

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    No suggestions as I always use daughters front yard.
    Dry Camping but with electricity . . . .
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sigh no front yard but I guess I can camp in front of the condo. After all it's done all the time in Seattle...
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Maybe check Hipcamp? And Boondockers Welcome, though that requires a membership fee.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Thanks, haven't used these places yet, good opportunity.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @MarkAl, last year we stopped to meet the Spot@b group in Spokane. While in the area we stayed here. Being from Michigan, we had to buy the DNR pass, but since we used it at some state parks too, it was worth it. Also soooo worth meeting the folks in Spokane!

Where the pine trees are, not the rv park, indicated by the camper symbol.

We liked this quiet tucked away place. No ammenities except for well kept pit toilets. We had a sunny site, so there was adequate solar power to charge the t@b battery. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    This looks perfect our kind of campground, I haven't found how to verify camp spots there but appreciate the advice. BTW I grew up in Southfield when it still had farmland and woods... Never spent much time downriver where you are though.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited September 2020
    @MarkAl, glad that helps. Found it through Campendium. Used Campendium almost exclusively throughout over a month of travel from Michigan, using US 2, to the PNW and back. Btw, husband works in Southfield daily in a tool & die manufacturing plant. We're years over retirement age, but hope that he has less than a year left working. Tentatively, we hope to spend 3/4 months next summer back in susquatch homelands. Looking forward to that!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Boy, long drive. I lived close to 12 mile and Lahser. Worked Tool & Die in college and summers. Don't miss the lower peninsula much but the UP is God's country. We regularly romp with the sasquatch now, they smell pretty bad though. If you make it out here PM us and we maybe can suggest some spots.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @MarkAl search Washington State Parks and check out Eastern Washington. There are lots of campgrounds to choose, from State Parks, National Forests, BLM and COE locations. I will be in Bowl and Pitcher, Riverside State Park quite a bit this month and my Tab is hard to miss! I've got three more trips and I think I'm in site 5 for all of them. The upper level will have more openings but is dry camping. 1-14 is the lower level and on the river, with water and power. If you find a spot grab it. Nine Mile park is an option, but not a great one IMHO. I've camped there once, and it's redeeming feature was that our group had rented a pontoon boat downriver somewhere and we could tie it up at the shoreline by our sites.  No stakes allowed in the ground, and you're lined up like library books, very little shade till sundown. Little Diamond Lake, Diamond Lake, Sullivan Lake, Liberty Lake are a few I know of. If you wander into North Idaho Farragut State Park is nice, and huge! It was a Navy Submarine school base in WW2. Round Lake is just north of that. Hayburn State Park is the first State Park in Idaho, also nice. Further north by Priest Lake is Riley Creek CG, plus others

As @dragonsdofly said we SpoTabbers love to meet others, although this covid stuff has cramped our style, not to mention our monthly breakfasts! Happy searching!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red