Options

Alde Heat Port in Dinette Cubby?

Find it curious that nuCamp located a heat port directly under the portal window cubby, driver side, in dinette. 

Heat gets tapped in the cubby and really doesn't get a chance to circulate into the living area. Odd.

BTW, don't store anything in that cubby that is heat sensitive. Like a candle...don't ask!  ;)
2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
'04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
San Diego, CA
www.airbossone.com
https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I think it is a warming area for a cat to sleep in. Wait, we don't have a cat  :open_mouth:
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I often sleep on the dinette bunk, my head towards the cubby, and I can feel the heat circulation coming from the cubby.  You have to leave the middle area clear, so the heat can circulate out and into the dinette area.  The heat register is actually up under the front enclosure between the seats, and there is another heat vent on top of this, and a cold air return u dear it.   So air does move around up there.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    edited November 2020
    there are heat convectors under both port hole windows and also under the space between the seats at the forward section.  you will feel heat radiating from all three areas.

2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    JilongJilong Member Posts: 85
    Dutch061 said:
    I think it is a warming area for a cat to sleep in. Wait, we don't have a cat  :open_mouth:
    That's definitely the favorite sleeping spot for my two cats this past October!
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    No cats...no dogs...no DW. But its nice to know where to stow the cinnamon rolls for the AM!  B)
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I thought as much, thanks for confirming the two side heat convectors.  You can definitely feel,heat coming from all three areas.  The cold air return slots under the seats and from, are a good indicator of where the heat convectors are located.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited November 2020
    On our 2020 400 BDL, there is not a radiator in the curb side front compartment. This is where the Convertor and Power Center is located. The hose does pass through to connect to the radiator in the middle and under the street side front compartment.

I was just in there this weekend to investigate removal of the WFCO Convertor and wiring. I will wait until it comes back from having the stained flooring replaced in OH. 

Several things on the list for the winter to get ready for the spring. Fixing the battery charging rate is near the top of the list.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC