Options

Did it, Little Scared...More Excited!!

KamateKamate Member Posts: 27
Good morning,
  Hope you and yours are safe.  I've always wanted an RV and kinda/sorta talked my wife into the idea.  About 10 years ago we "looked" but it wasn't the right time.  I always would take a second look when I'd see an RV rollin' down the roads we'd travel and wonder.

Then, about a month ago, my wife looked at me and granted permission to set our course and speed (sorry, over 30 years, and still going in the military, will fuse the way you speak/write in both your civilian world and the military one) to our very own T@b 400 BD.  Waiting for February to arrive but scared that it'll get here too soon, as I've only "towed" the kids off a line from the truck in winter months.

For the past six weeks I've been staying up late, looking at all the videos, trying to figure out how to join FB Groups and then trying to figure out the answer to "What the heck is Vanilla forum" and why does everyone says to go "there"?

So about a couple of weeks ago I asked to join and my was accepted.  I wanted to introduce ourselves and say "Thank you" for all the help/knowledge/insight you've already provided and another (future) "Thank you very much" for all the assistance and guidance that you will provide us in the future to questions we don't yet know we have.

I don't know that I will post a lot but I do know that I will be reading a lot and if I can someday pay it forward and help someone with a question or concern, I will do my part to keep what I've come to see as a caring and respectful community.

Much obliged,
AJ
AJ & K
Virginia
2021 T@b 400 BD (N@lu 'Ima Ola)
2013 Toyota Tundra Ext. Cab V8 5.67L 4x4

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Welcome aboard!  We all started out as newbies so feel free to ask any question you wish, but also know that our search feature above will provide a wealth of valuable information too. 
    Nothing more exciting than getting a new or used trailer as you begin a new journey in life and will be creating lifetime memories and new adventures around every turn in the road.  

Have fun, be safe and post up some photos of your trailer when you get it!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Kamate, welcome, and as @Michigan_Mike said, we were all newbies once. This forum is the very essence of "pay it forward". Good people, great experience and a wealth of shared knowledge to be found here. Good luck, keep in touch and post up some pics on delivery! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Congrats on your purchase! You will not be disappointed...in either the rig or this forum. Both are on point.

Read and watch all you can. Record (audio or video) the dealer walk thru when you pick up your rig. Lots of info to absorb and some can slip by you. "Camp" in your driveway or very close to home for your first couple "trips." Use every system more than once. 

Trust you've done the math on you TV and you're well within the limits on gross and tongue weight. 

Now, sit back, relax, read, and get ready to "Wear it out, son!"
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Welcome aboard and Thank you for your Service!  You will love the 400!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    edited November 2020
    I am with you AJ and am looking foreword to a Jan delivery.  I spent over a year trying to decide to spend the money and it was a little bit stressful for sure.  But it sure felt good driving home after putting the deposit down.  I have never owned an RV.

This forum has a lot of information and the people are great.  I have downloaded all of the manuals for the various systems, they are all here if you search them.  I have a Wishlist folder where I am saving all the necessary items needed to be functional to start out.  The unofficial nuCAMP  t@b 400 resource guide is a huge resource.  Thank You Mr. Weinstein 

I recommend Triwizard to while away the time.  Its great for planning the first few trips and dreaming of all the places we are going to go in our new camper.  No more sleeping in the dirt!  Unless we want to.
    Maybe we will see you on the road next year.

Runaway
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2020
    Greetings AJ.
    We're in the same boat as you: Thought about a camper for while and finally took the plunge on a 320 BD. You will get your 400 before us though - ours won't be delivered until March.
    Don't be afraid to post here. I've only been a member on the forum for a couple of months, and as noted, won't even be a T@B owner for quite a while. I've gotten many thoughtful responses to my many (not particularly well-thought out) questions. I've also found great information and suggestions on the threads here,
    Always glad to connect with a fellow veteran as well, particularly one with such exquisite timing (joining on the cusp of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month).
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,686
    Hmm...course and speed?  Tab name suggestion:  Fox Corpen
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 591
    Congratulations on the big decision! I had never towed anything in my life when I bought mine three years ago. I spent months prior to and post delivery before going camping, reading everything on this forum. I also learned from RV Education 101 on YouTube (he was in charge of military vehicles), and Girl Camper podcast. There are key people like pthomas745 in the Facebook T@B groups that give good information, but be careful as many do not. I didn't know what I didn't know, so everything was overwhelming! It's a steep learning curve! But it gets better. I also had a couple neighbors to talk with and they ensured I had hitched properly the first time out. Welcome to new adventures and Happy Veteran's Day.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Welcome...we owned a T@g, smallest trailer nuCamp makes..and after 4 seasons with her ...we can now stand up in our trailer!...Great decision...and lots of memories to be made!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Kren325Kren325 Member Posts: 3
    We pick up our 320s Saturday!!  Super excited and nervous...see you on the trail!!

Karen
    (almost) 2021 T@B 320S owner
    2011 Volvo XC60
    2021 T@B 320s (p/u 11/14/2020)
    2021 Subaru Ascent Premier
    Freehold, New Jersey
  • Options
    BclarkeBclarke Member Posts: 110
    @Kamate you sound just like me!  I have camped and backpacked for weeks at a time and the closest my wife will get is to look at my photos. Due to Covid we actually slept in a tent (yes a tent) on our way out west this fall to see our kids.. first time in 40 years of marriage!  I too have been looking and reading for months.   After much consideration we settled in the T@B 320 S Boondock .. and pick it up next week. The deciding factor was the bathroom.  At 6’2” the bed is small for me but hey ... we’re “camping!”  Our trips will be limited to a night or two as we travel to see our kids out west and perhaps a park here and there.  But I am hoping that after some good experiences we can expand our horizons. 

I have no idea what I am doing .. but it will be fun! 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Welcome @Bclarke!  Everyone was a newbie once.  You can do this!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio