heated water hose.

Anyone got a good option for a heated fresh water hose and heater for the in line filter?

Comments

• jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    I use tank water all of the time. I feel that reduces the temperature variations on the cold water supply to the faucets being the tanks are more protected from the weather than the outside hose and filter. BTW, I soften and filter the water that goes into the tank and I live in my T@B400. My fresh water lasts me about 6 days. If it's freezing your attempting to protect against at what extended outside temp do you expect camper plumbing to freeze?
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    @jimcenname What areas do you camp in? What is the min temp there?
  • jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    I spend the winter in the southwest US at low elevations. I make a point of avoiding freezing weather. Neither my T@B nor I like it. Along the coast the winter nighttime lows are in the mid 40s, inland nighttime lows are in the mid 30s, daytime highs low-70s. I have a love/hate relationship with my 40-year hobby of snow skiing. Love to ski, hate to be cold. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
    @jimcenname my theory as i do camp below freezing was instead of trying to keep my cold tank from freezing, use the campground water.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    And flow and flowing water is not likely to freeze in a hose.  After using the water at night, turn off the shore water, disconnect the hose and let it drain, ant it will not freeze up.  The insides pipes will get heated by the Adle.  Just need to add antifreeze to the grey tank drain valve.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    @Denny16. Never thought of that. Smarty pants lol.
  • AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    This may be covered somewhere else, but @Denny16 can you please explain adding antifreee to the grey tank drain valve? Do you mean just put some of the pink stuff behind the outside cap that you take of to empty?
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
    @Amazonica dont know about Denny, but I tip antifreeze down all drains and the toilet. Also put some antifreeze in a squirt bottle, pull out the dump levers and squirt some in the rod then push it back in. Do that a few times. I also open the dump cover and quirt at the valve through the hole. There have been Tabbers who had the small amount of water inside the dump valve freeze and crack the housing.
    I believe on erring on the side of caution
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited November 2020
    You can add a small amount of RV antifreeze to the sink, shower drains and some down the toilet, about a quart each should do the trick.  Then put a bucket u dear the outside drain and open/close the valve to get the antifreeze (pink stuff) in the drain and slide valve.  The outside drain valve setup is what needs the antifreeze protection, along with the traps.

This should purge any remaining water in the valve,  do a couple of quick open/close cycles to get the valve set in antifreeze.  The sink and shower traps will hold what they need, and any water in the traps will be displaced.  

No need to fill the grey and black holding tanks with antifreeze, an empty tanks will not freeze, a d a small amount of antifrewill remain in the bottom of the tanks, to prevent freeze damage.  Since the tanks are vented, and mostly empty, any freezing will have room to expand up into the tanks.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.