Proven lock troubleshoot help pls

We have a 2021 tab 400 and just purchased a proven lock 2178 A as recommended by people who owned it . Forgot of recommendation/s were from this forum or from fb group but w e are having trouble installing it . Is there a trick to it ? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Some instructions I posted for another user recently are here:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/153697#Comment_153697

The rest of that thread, though, addresses the fact that at least a couple of recent Tab owners have found a change to the coupler construction is to blame. So if you can’t get it to work, it may be an issue with the coupler.

Assuming it’s not a coupler issue: For first timers, I would try putting the lock on without worrying about the chains, at least until you get it figured out. It’s not difficult once you have a feel for it, but it can feel tricky the first time or two.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    I have a 2021 Tab 400 BD and just received the 2178-A. I can not get it to fit. I'm going to reach out to Proven Industries tomorrow and see what their thoughts are.
    2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @Tinkerkaye & @mjwaldner...@Tabnero just posted they're using # 2516 by proven industries
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • TabneroTabnero Member Posts: 220
    mjwaldner said:
    I have a 2021 Tab 400 BD and just received the 2178-A. I can not get it to fit. I'm going to reach out to Proven Industries tomorrow and see what their thoughts are.
    Proven Industries responded saying "they are aware of the problem and they are shipping me a new lock where this problem is corrected". 
    Following up on this. I received a replacement "sled" (inner part of the shell) for the 2178-A that I original received. The replacement part fit perfectly. Comparing the two side by side its very hard to tell any difference but it's enough to make it work. Not sure what really caused this problem. If your ordering a lock from them I would probably make sure I tell them what trailer you have before ordering to be safe. 
  • TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 283
    edited January 2021
    I ordered mine a week ago and they confirmed that all shipments of the 2178-A will now be the 'corrected' version that works with our unit.  Apparently the coupler dimensions on the drawings they were provided by the coupler manufacturer to design the lock were incorrect, so they made a running change so all future shipments of this lock no longer have the issue.
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    TomCanada said:
    I ordered mine a week ago and they confirmed that all shipments of the 2178-A will now be the 'corrected' version that works with our unit.  Apparently the coupler dimensions on the drawings they were provided by the coupler manufacturer to design the lock were incorrect, so they made a running change so all future shipments of this lock no longer have the issue.
    That's good customer service, something that's sadly lacking nowadays with a lot of companies.

Most are take the $$ and run, and don't look back.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • TinkerkayeTinkerkaye Member Posts: 9
    Update : after a couple of email back and forth and them asking for photos they did send me a replacement part that fit perfectly . Excellent customer service
  • NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    I have a proven industries lock and I love it!
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area