Alde default warning

My trailer is sitting in my driveway, minding its own business. I’m checking things out before a Sunday departure. I’m met with this message on Alde:  overheat red fail. 
I’m reading the manual which is telling me to bleed system of air. Possible cause of fault is heating system running at high power when there are air pockets. When checking stuff out manual says to wait for fluid to cool down. There’s nothing to cool down because I’m not running anything!!

BTW - I’ve used the heat just one time  - in my driveway 2 weeks ago to test it. 
Any thoughts anyone??

Aggie/ 2021T@B320S; Alde Compact 3020 HE/ 2021 Subaru Ascent
Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited September 2020
    See link:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9903/overheat-red-fail

Just turn off the Alde, then turn off your battery switch.  After a couple minutes, turn the battery back on, then turn the Alde back on.  Does that help?  If not you will need to disconnect the 12v wire between the Alde 2 green fuse holders, then reinstall.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ZippyAZippyA Member Posts: 59
    Thank you @Sharon_is_SAM!  I also got the same tip from @4ncar and it worked!  He also helped me troubleshoot the loud "babbling brook" sound I heard when I turned on the Alde.  He said the pump switch was probably on 5 instead of 2.  Sure enough..!!  I'm off to a late start going out with my T@B and it's like learning everything from ground zero all over again!  Love this forum and folks like you and 4ncar.  
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Glad we can help!  Enjoy your trip!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    I just had this happen to me. I pulled the 7.5 amp Fuse in the converter panel AND flipped the Alde breaker. Left them off for a good half hour and that seems to have fixed whatever ailed it. Would be nice to know what triggered it since I have done nothing unusual.
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    I don't have the digital control, but I had a similar experience last year where the Alde would not start on propane. I could hear the blower start and run through its prelims, but then no ignition. Pulling fuses and flipping breakers made no difference, so I finally just disconnected all the power and let it sit for an hour plus. After that everything worked fine and has continued to do so since.

It seems that "kill the power and wait" is the go-to solution for mysterious Alde ailments. While I'm glad this trick usually works, I too would like to know exactly what is happening. 
    2015 T@B S
  • ZippyAZippyA Member Posts: 59
    My Alde did this AGAIN in November.  I turned it off, then turned off the battery switch - no luck.  Then, as Sharon_is_Sam suggested previously, I disconnected the 12v wire, but I also disconnected from shore power (which I didn't have to do before).  Waited a few minutes and turned everything back on and IT WORKED!