Options

Withrow Springs (or Other Arkansas Recommendations)?

Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
We're planning an October trip, looking for a scenic park with pleasant sites and day trip options. Has anyone stayed at Withrow Springs State Park in Arkansas? Is it a full-week-worthy park? We'd also welcome other recommendations in the area. Thank you!
Doug
Des Moines Iowa
2016 S Max Sofitel

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

I don't have any specific recommendations, but that part of the state can be beautiful if you catch the fall colors just right.  I did notice on the State Park site that there is a road closed in the area due to a landslide with no estimate as to when repairs will be made.

If you haven't already, I suggest you visit the official web site of the state's parks.  Well designed and some great information. http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    We tent camped there back in 1986. We chose it because it was near Eureka Springs, and place I'd wanted to visit after reading about it in a camping magazine. I remember it as a nice,  quite, and isolated park. I can't remember doing much there except the trip we made into Eureka Springs one day.
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    I highly recommend Maumelle Park on the Arkansas river in Little Rock. Fantastic! 
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    We enjoyed Hot Springs NP and the surrounding area.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Lake Catherine State Park, Hot Springs, Arkansas

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited October 2020
    @Verna That must be the new rig?  Where is the cassette access door?
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sorry, @DougH, this was my 2014 T@B S Max.  It will be a Boondock model with the front platform.  I stayed at this campground in the fall of 2017 and I was impressed with the quiet, tree lined lake. The lake-side sites didn’t cost any more than the other sites. 

I’ll get my new one when it’s done. NüCamp is so busy I don’t know how they’re keeping anything straight!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @Verna Beautiful site... love that area and up towards Eureka Springs. I was really hoping you were about to describe a little known order option on the 2021 320s where, if requested, you could get 30/30/40g tank sizes along with a 1000lb higher GAWR.  Shucks. I'm putting my wallet and phone back away.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max