Options

Update from our little corner

JamesJames Member Posts: 32
edited December 2020 in Introductions
Well, we are finally getting our 400 this next Wednesday, it's been a long wait.  I almost backed out several times, but my wife convinced me to stick with it.  I've almost forgotten what it's like to be on the road, so wish us luck getting back in the saddle.

After much deliberation, we're opting for a Ford F-150 as our towing vehicle. It's a bit of overkill, but it's probably the last vehicle I'll ever buy, so might as well go out with a bang.

We haven't purchased yet, but are looking at the 2021 that comes with a small generator built in to the truck engine.  Jane thinks it could come in handy (we almost never use a generator on the road) in case our house gets hit with an ice storm.  It'll be able to run the refrigerator for three or four days!

I had forgotten how much is involved in getting a rig tricked out for hitting the road. Bedding will be our first big project, followed by figuring out where to stow things!

Happy new year!

2021 TAB 400 BDL 
No towing vehicle currently owned, looking at F150
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    Oh good!  Glad to see that we were able to convince you to overcome your anxieties!  I think that the F 150 will give you a lot of confidence.  Don’t worry about backing up.  It will come with time.  Practice in an empty lot.  

If you haven’t done it already, get Amazon Prime.  You’ll appreciate it!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Oh good!  Glad to see that we were able to convince you to overcome your anxieties!  I think that the F 150 will give you a lot of confidence.  Don’t worry about backing up.  It will come with time.  Practice in an empty lot.  

If you haven’t done it already, get Amazon Prime.  You’ll appreciate it!
    Thanks, Sharon.  I appreciate your good cheer and encouragement.  for a good chuckle, be sure to stop by any campground where I'm trying to back up!

2021 TAB 400 BDL 

• Options
    nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    back road, slo-o-ow, relaxed back-m-up.  After years of practice I have had to learn to laugh at myself when I ....miss the perfect landing.  The best part is my wife has learned to enjoy those moments as well.  The landing is brief and the camp set up is well worth the effort.  The memories usually start afterwards...
    2016 cs-s max
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    edited December 2020
    No worries.  We have been parking for 4 seasons and it is still a test of our marriage😂. Just keep a sense of humor and you will be fine.  We always deploy the Pahaque tent so we are picky about where the door lands on the pad - probably we add our own stress.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    You made a great choice going with a full size pickup for the 400 and will not regret it when it comes to towing, storage space and comfort.
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited December 2020
    Interesting that they came out with a unit with a built in generator.  Pretty unique and congratulations on your decision!  Here is some information for anyone intrigued by it.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    bergger said:
    You made a great choice going with a full size pickup for the 400 and will not regret it when it comes to towing, storage space and comfort.
    Thanks!  Hope your predictions prove true.  Happy camping!
    2021 TAB 400 BDL 

• Options
    Interesting that they came out with a unit with a built in generator.  Pretty unique and congratulations on your decision!  Here is some information for anyone intrigued by it.  

It's a bit of a maze figuring out what's what. The 2kw option requires stepping up quite a bit on trim levels, but many of the things seems somewhat worthwhile:  back up camera, sway control, trailer back-up assist, leather seats.  Still shopping, but I'm hoping things turn out.
    2021 TAB 400 BDL 

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    What’s what’s the up charge for this convience?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    4ncar said:
    What’s what’s the up charge for this convience?
    I can't quite figure it out yet, dealers don't seem to know much about. I suspect it'll be many thousands of dollars.
    2021 TAB 400 BDL 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @James, I have all those options on my 2019 F-150 (except no leather seats) and they are included in the “Sport Package” (with some other options, too). Maybe it won’t be as expensive as you thought. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”