Options

New T@B Owner

ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
edited January 2021 in Introductions
Two days before Christmas we drove home towing a new TAB 400 Boondock. The T@B dealer was on the east side of the Colorado Rockies and we live on the west side. We had already postponed pickup twice and the weather forecast was looking better. Unfortunately even detouring south to avoid Monarch Pass did not avoid all the weather and road conditions we swore we would avoid.  Fortunately, we made it home just minutes after sun down and the T@B is now safely parked next to the house.
Just four years ago we were tent campers. A major upgrade to a very sweet pop-up pickup camper occurred in 2017 providing a significant upgrade of comfort. I thought it was all we'd ever need.  Alas, it did lacked one significant amenity, namely a toilet. Also, we had no way to take our canoe with us.
The many added amenities of the T@B400 do come with added complexities and so our learning curve has begun. Many more questions to follow. We have already learn much from this forum and appreciate the collective experience of its members.
First trip planned for Arches National Park in early March of 2021.

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
SW Colorado

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,008
    Congrats!!!  Since you're on the west slope and if you have not already been, check out Morefield Campground in Mesa Verde.  Mesa Verde is amazing and the campground is really nice.  Private spaces, quiet and the night skies are fantastic.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    As you know the camping options in Colorado are almost endless. We have many places on our bucket list and some local favorites we return to over and over again. We visited Mesa Verde three years ago but have not camped there yet. Another one for the bucket list.
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    Ha! @ColoradoSun I wondered if it was the case but I think you bought the one off the lot at Holiday that I called and tried to buy! Ended up ordering one with the smaller fridge and no microwave anyway but so funny! And good on ya for avoiding Monarch Pass!
  • Options
    It probably is the same one, they only had one new one. We looked at a couple of 2019 models they had. I preferred the smaller 2-way refrigerator and could lose the microwave but my better half thought differently. I hope you won't have to wait too long for yours but there are some real advantages to "warmer" weather when you pick it up. Hopefully yours will be fully de-winterized and you can check everything out before leaving the lot. We wished we could have camped nearby a couple of days and been able to go right back to resolve any issues. Good luck down the road with your new T@B.
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    Welcome!
    You bought your last trailer first.  It’s that good and that well made. 

If it helps, this link will take you to a manual I wrote about using the 400 Boondock as I was unimpressed with the factory documentation and then just kept going.    If you only do one thing, installing a BMV712 battery monitor will make a huge difference in your NuCamp experience.  

F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    Whoa!!!. I have been pouring over your most excellent "unofficial" manual and it is such a great help! Even with our relatively simple pickup camper everyone was recommending the same battery monitor. I am going to make that happen soon. Even the stock Zamp charge controller on the pickup camper lacked the capability of the stock Victron on the 2021 T@B 400. Thank you for all the work you put into the "unofficial" manual. It is great! The T@B is more complex but you gotta do what you gotta do!
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    Smitty021Smitty021 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    This is mine after coming back from Holiday RV to Parker in October! White knuckle for sure.

@Smitty021- photo too large and deleted.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/47/what-size-should-my-posted-forum-photos-be#latest