Options

FYI Cheapgenerator2.com BEWARE!!

atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
edited May 2021 in Products and Accessories
Last weekend this new site appeared on FaceBook advertising cheap generators.  They are running a introductory type sale on several common brands.  They  have 90% off on Honda etc.  Looked the website checking for security and all we knew to look for.  They sound too good to be true but I have seen manufactures with a lot of over stock dump on sites to clear and make room for new production.  They list a customer contact as Generatormart.com,  Generatormart.com says they are not associated with them, even though both web sites have a lot of common (like) information.  Purchased thru PayPal.  All went as expected got account information etc.  After a week,  3 emails to their customer service, and 3 emails to the party that PayPal says the funds were sent to plus a phone call to the listed contact number, No results. 

Talked to Pay Pal earlier in the week when this started to not look so good and they suggest to give them (vendor) some time to produce.

This is a new posting for the co but at this time not looking good. 

Going to re contact PayPal and start the resolution process and will follow up with credit card.

cheapgenerator2.com
4961 Woodbridge Lane, Michigan,USA,48235
1-313-544-6952
xiongzhi1982@outlook.com 9Customer service email)
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,677
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Keep seeing Jackery 500 ads on FB for $99, probably the same scammers. I report it to FB every time I see the ad.
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited May 2021
    I tried to join FB a few times, but it says my ID is an attempted abusive account. My parents raised me to be polite, so I don't know why they assume I'd be a troll or scammer.  But it sounds like I'm better off on MeWe, Reddit or the nüCamp T@B forum.

And good luck on getting your generator money returned!
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Marceline, I sent you a PM.  atlasb.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    A new Honda generator for $100. That’s a big red flag. Even a used one.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    Marceline said:
    Facebook is a cesspool and its ads are just one example of this. The company makes gazillions of dollars and spends next to nothing to weed out scams. They do not care. Do not click on any ad on Facebook. Especially if it advertises something that seems to be too good to be true. That includes bogus raffles and drawings for a free RV or whatever. Do. Not. Click. Seriously, don't even click on something that looks like a legit ad from a retailer you know. If something comes up in your FB feed that interests you, just go straight the to retailer's website without clicking through from FB. This has 2 advantages: 1) not clicking FB links denies FB ad revenue and 2) if you type in "https://www.cabelas.com/" you can be sure that you're actually going to Cabelas, and not some fake website. 

Right on!
    Practice safe PC. Always get to any links using google or duckduckgo...never FB.....
    If a deal seems like it's too good to be true it probably is.