Options

Home hookup for macerator pump?

YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
I'm just about one year and 52 camper nights into my 2020 T@B320S -- and a couple of trips into just coming home and using a macerator pump instead of finding a dump station.  We almost always boondock.   I am so pleased about this incremental change in our camping regimen! That's a 1" pvc line which 'y's into a two inch line inside.   I keep my T@B on the driveway right there...

Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,597
    @YanniLazarus ;  Questions, Questions, Questions.
     yr-2020 still have Black tanks, correct . . .
     what is the "inside" building plumbing . . . 2"line goes to ??
     You have one of those macerator pump units that connects to T@B drain and
      has a garden hose outlet . . .

I've used macerator pumps on boats. On a boat the macerator is placed between a toilet and the tank. the fine bits created and held in the tank make it easy for the marine vacuum waste dump stations to empty a full tank. I've questioned if the RV macerator  which is placed between the tank and the sewer is really a good full time solution (never gravity dump).

My concern being; with gravity dump one can fill the black full with clean water prior to dumping. A full tank with the additional water to solids ratio should gravity flush with greater force than a half full black tank so it should help to keep the black tank sides/bottom 'cleaner'. While with the macerator there does not seem to be any strong suction pull on the black tank contents, they slowly gravity feed the macerator . . . so black tank is more likely to have solids remaining on the tank sides/bottom.

Have you seen any research on what is actually happening?
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Hello MuttonChops.  You got it - I connect a clear 45 degree elbow to the standard 3" grey/ black T@B drain so I can see what is going on and so that the elbow slopes down so it stays full of liquid for good pumping. Then,  my macerator pump, which runs off my battery which is right there... then a 1 inch clear line to the threaded connector on a 1"pvc pipe on the side of my house.   Then a 2" pvc line to a 3" pvc  line to a 4" cast iron line to the sewer.  It's really easy for me to flush the grey and black water tanks until they run clear and I can confirm clean sensors that read "empty". It's simple and it works- that's confirmation enough for me. Oh- about a2 foot total pump lift. 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @YanniLazarus
    X2 I have been using the same system for years to dump at home. Through a 1 1/2” sink drain in our garage. Refilling with fresh water until it runs clear works very well. Previous RVs I used a standard home garbage disposal. The 3” outlet  adapts easily to the 3” disposal with a 3” rubber sleeve from Home Dept. The 110 volt power could pump the waste much farther from the street.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options