2007 Thor T@B original owner!

CabrioCabrio Member Posts: 1
Hello all,

We are John and Martha, and have been T@B camping for thirteen years, we formerly had a Little Guy four wide teardrop.

We bought our T@B new in 2008 (2007 model) with original layout in Ontario Canada.

We have traveled North America, fairly intensively, particularly the east.  We have towed with a VW Tiguan, but mostly with a VW Touareg diesel.  Through the years we have modified our T@B quite a bit, we installed three flexible solar panels on the rear roof, originally with two AGM batteries, but we replaced those with a LiFe battery this year. We use a MPPT charge controller, and replaced the three way refrigerator, first with a Coolatron, and later with a Dometic compressor top load unit on a slide out tray. We camped for six weeks in Newfoundland and never used shore power at all, heating, refrigeration and lighting all solar powered. We have a MAXFAN vent, and a small external A/C ducted in through the original refrigerator vent openings. I have rewired almost all of the trailer (120VAC and 12VDC).

I carry spare wheel bearings (special for the ALKO hubs) and have the original spare mounted under the rear (never used) and run on Michelin tires. We have added an aluminum box where the original propane/battery cover was, and since we rarely cook in the trailer, we replaced the propane tank with a much lighter (and smaller) fiberglass tank. We still have the original furnace and it works well. We replaced the useless snap-in screen door with a modified sliding screen door. We have added underseat storage and modified almost all the other storage areas. All interior and external lighting is LED, and I added a LED tail light bar between the taillights which were replaced with much better LED units.

We also added an external security door lock, after someone tried to break in at Fort Wilderness at Disney World.

My current concern is trying to find where to purchase replacement roof molding seals, as Dutchman stopped production in 2009.

After the 2020 lockdowns, we are hoping to resume camping this year.

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    You could try asking nüCamp Customer Experience, contact info: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13194/customer-service-is-now-customer-experience#latest
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    We bought our T@B new in 2008 (2007 model) with original layout in Ontario Canada.

We are not worthy!  Welcome to the Forums!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    edited June 2021
    @Cabrio, what @Denny16 said X 2! NüCamp purchased all stocks of t@b supplies from Thor/Dutchman. They may have what you need, or know where you can source the items. They may not sell directly to you, but there are dealers who will order for you and then have the parts drop shipped to you. We also have other Thor/Dutchman owners as members on the forum who may be able to help you out. Good luck. -Denise

We also are not worthy!  We thought 44,000-45,000 miles in the first 4 years of t@b ownership was impressive, along with camping and travel through 38 states, sometimes for 6 or 8 weeks at a time, but it appears we are not nearly your equals!

Welcome, and happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    @Cabrio,  we had issues with our black rubber trim along the top also (I assume this is what you are referring to as roof molding seals) replaced with an after market weather strip for auto's.
    TRIM LOK INC Flap Seal, Top Flap, 25 ft. L, 1.5937 in. H - 48RK43|5B350B2X1/2C-25 - Grainger
    I originally sourced this from 'JCWhitney' - they are now 'CarParts' , but this is what I found that is almost identical.
    Much higher quality and much tighter fit, has been on since '07 and has not come loose or flapped in the wind ever.
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100
  • gmintnergmintner Member Posts: 5
    My son-in-law and my daughter have a bought our DM 2004 T@b T-16. I am not able to give him a lot of information about it. It has been sitting around our house and not been used for quite a while, but is still beautiful. I first realized how much there is to know about the T@b when I went on here to ask about which tires it needed.
    I am enjoying reading everyone’s comments and wanted to ask if there is any kind of a DM T@b  group in the Minneapolis area or anywhere in the Baltimore to Harrisburg area. My son-in-law is currently working on a project in Minneapolis and my daughter is at home in southern Pennsylvania. I thought they could get a lot of information by contacting group members near them, if possible. Thanks for any info you can give!. 
    Georgeanne
  • gmintnergmintner Member Posts: 5
    Also, does anyone know if there is a group or camper place in the Knoxville area that might be knowledgeable about T@bs. One of my children there has been trying to help with this whole process. Thank you all so much for any information you can give to us.
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,498
    gmintner said:
    Also, does anyone know if there is a group or camper place in the Knoxville area that might be knowledgeable about T@bs. One of my children there has been trying to help with this whole process. Thank you all so much for any information you can give to us.
    You might want to try this original group for Dutchman T@B owners: https://groups.io/g/tabtrailers
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab