Options

Feminine products flushed in our Tab400

Hey everyone,

Had some friends stay in our 2020 Tab400 BD this weekend, and although we went over "The Rules" I discovered a tampon hanging out in the tank. I know, not something you particularly love to discuss,  but now I'm concerned. Not sure how many got flushed, and how big of a problem this could end up being for our system. 

Anyone have experience dealing with something along these lines? What did you do to safely flush/treat your black tank? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Seriously, I would take the 400 to a dump station after filling the water tank fully up, plus run water and fill up the black tank before you go (keep flushing the toilet until the meter shows full—put your tank treatment in the black tank also. 

At the dump station, use the black tank rinse, and just keep it going until the tank is empty. Go inside and flush the toilet again until the black tank is full again. Empty and you should have enough water for one more full rinse. 

That is about all you can do. Except, be sure to keep the tank treatment in the black tank to keep the decomposing going on. 

To encourage guests to be mindful of your rules, be sure a tightly closed small trash can with a plastic liner is available in the bathroom…and even a sign expressing your thoughts on what should not be flushed. I would also speak with your friends to tell them why they will not be using your 400 again. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    If you fill the tank full, it will come out. They don't swell that much to create a problem with 3" ID Pipe.  As Verna mentioned, make sure it is full and flush it out good a second time. Our "stinky slinky" has a clear elbow at the end where you connect it on the dump station(?) end, so you can easily see any debris that is still flowing out. That is how we know when the tank is clean.

Brad 
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I bet a honey wagon would do the trick.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    IndieJCTIndieJCT Member Posts: 11
    Thanks everyone! I'll try the double flush of the system. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    With a 3” discharge hose no problem. It won’t even slow it down. If you were using a Sewer Solution or macerator pump it will plug it up. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @jkjenn saw your You Tube video of your new T@B she is a beauty. Great job. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun