Options

Clamshell mudroom?

Side awning options for soon-to-be 2022 Newbie. I believe I saw there was a change with the clamshell trim or there never was the ability to use the same side awnings that the non-clamshells T@B 320s can? Clarification, pictures, links, ideas, modifications all appreciated. I'm hoping to have something easy to set up to keep the entrance a little more protected than not. 
Dave & René
1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,531
    edited July 2021
    The 320 keder rails are now recessed, but there are tents and awnings that you can purchase that work.  Go to PahaQue Custom and you must indicate that you have a 2022 clamshell model.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,513
    edited July 2021
    When I bought my 2013 CS-S it came with a Pahaque side awning. In the years that I’ve had the trailer I’ve only used it once. Because it follows the curve of the trailer it kind of cuts off access to the galley, and to my mind the outdoor galley is the whole point of having this model. I have a small Pahaque visor that I use sometimes. But I recently acquired a used awning built by Marti’s Awnings in Chico CA and I think that it’s going to be the best solution for some rain and shade cover at the side. And Meme’s Wingwalls are great for wind protection at the back to keep the stove from misbehaving. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab