Options

AC Install - 2019 Tabs

Greetings.  Can anyone tell me if my AC is installed correctly as shown in the 2 pictures?  I had to remove it recently and now can't remember how it was seated.  The white metal feet, with the wooden collar removed, sit on top of a wooden strip.  I was wondering if they should sit behind the wood strip, but I don't think the AC unit can go back any further.

Thanks for your help.

2019 TAB 320s
Vancouver Island

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Looks right.  You may want to fill in the gap with some foam insulation.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RetireeBCRetireeBC Member Posts: 63
    Great, thanks. The insulation is a good idea. We're having another heat wave!
    2019 TAB 320s
    Vancouver Island
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 352
    ACE Hardware or similar has 1 inch wide foam insulation for the gap between a window and a window air conditioner. If you remove the wooden trim piece, you can fill the space between the cabinet face and the Danby unit. Then put the trim piece back on. You won't be able to see anything from the front, but all the drafts past the unit will stop.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    I have had mine out several times and when I put it back in, the metal feet are further in so I can't see them. They go down behind the aluminum locking the A/C in when the trim square is put back on. I might be wrong but the feet stop it from falling out once the trim is put back on. You might be able to tell by the 2 holes that are in the trim ring, they should align with the holes in the rear wood, if you have 4 holes then you made new ones and the A/C is to high. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    RetireeBCRetireeBC Member Posts: 63
    @Mickerly, @gulfarea - Excellent. Thanks for the information.  I will have to take a closer look for the holes to see how I am aligned. 
    2019 TAB 320s
    Vancouver Island
  • Options
    nmdreamnmdream Member Posts: 27
    Probably wrong but it may also be to keep the drain angle.  I noticed if do not give ours a very slight tilt to shower / AC side of the 320, it will do a slow drip onto the Bench seat/bed during the hot and humid days   It also helps to gravitate the drain out of the shower pan.  (3 am stepped in in bare feet , wet foot and bad thoughts..)  LOL
    Happy Adventures ! 
    2020 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate 181 HP w/Hayden 678 Rapid Cool
    2019 T@B 320 S