Defective window latch

One window latch was installed incorrectly, it does not close
the bottom part is too low and too far inside the cabin, or latch on window is tooo high and crooked, take your pick!

Nu amp wants to shim, ie it will look like a shimed window, ie done incorrectly then something jerry manned to fix

my husband had examined and tried to realigned, and said he could fix with shimming, but shim even if glued would with time slip as alignment is suspect, these things seem to steam roll and after a few yrs look junky!
i bought a new trailer and paid 1800 for a warranty
thoughts?

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Since you didn’t specify what year you have, here are your two choices:

Email help@nucamprv.com if your are out of your 1 year warranty. 

If you are within your 1 year new owner, new T@B warranty, email warranty@nucamprv.com.

NüCamp will have the the final word on what will be done as we Admins and Moderators are unpaid volunteers and we cannot make decisions. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • KioskKiosk Member Posts: 32
    July 2021 have called new camp, 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @Kiosk - please identify your TaB model and year going forward.  You can also enter a signature line and include that info.  
    Sorry you paid for an extended warranty.  Most of us would have advised against it as we know nuCamp stands behind it’s products.  Pictures would help us help you in this situation.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I can attest to the fact the NuCamp stands behind their work, way above and beyond what I have experienced with any other manufacturer. This is our 2nd ownership experience with NuCamp, previously had a 2017 320-S and the quality of the build and features included in he price point of our 2020 400 BDL can't be matched by other companies. Very pleased, plus a great group of people on the forum is just another bonus! 

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • KioskKiosk Member Posts: 32
    nucamp says they have sent out many shims for this purpose, we can have one
    $33,000 to jerry rig defective window, they do not care
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    @Kiosk
    I had the same issue. Dealer used shims to correct the situation and they've worked as expected for almost two years with above average use. It's a very simple but effective solution. 

I'm unclear as to what you'd expect NuCamp to do here. It's a relatively minor problem (as compared to a system failure or major structural defect) that can be resolved quickly and with minimal effort. 

And I'll echo @Dutch061 comments. In my 40 plus years of owning RV's and boats of various sizes I can honestly say NuCamp far exceeds any manufacturer's CS standards that I've encountered. RV's are unique and complicated pieces of equipment. Things will go wrong. 

Install the shims. In the grand scheme of things...it should not take away from your enjoyment of the rig. 

BTW, what is your rig? Always helpful for folks on here to know year, make, model, so they can offer specific guidance or solutions. Lot's a really smart folks on here...they've yet to steer me wrong! 

2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Early on, I had problems with locking my front window on our 2018 400.  I also thought there was a shim problem an contacted NU Camp.  They sent me several shims.  After further looking at the situation, I found that the windows will slide from side to side, sometimes causing one side to be too close and the other too far to latch.  I found that by aligning the window to the center there was no need for shims.  Nu Camp has gone above and beyond for it's customers (family members) and well above most manufactures.  In fact, can't remember any other company that I have ever had dealings with that have gone overboard to take care of it's customers. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    There is a great deal of adjustment available in the latches as well as the window.
  • xdrxdr Member Posts: 259
    We also had trouble shutting the rear window on our 2021 Tab 400 when we first got it. After help from folks on this forum, we learned that the windows can slide a bit and a simple adjustment will correct the problem. 

We have had problems with our camper from the beginning, mostly little things, some bigger. Over time we have learned at least three important things: 
    1. Most problems can be fixed by asking for help from people here or at nuCamp. 
    2. nuCamp is hands down the best RV manufacturer we have ever dealt with.
    3. Every single thing we buy is imperfect and from the moment we purchase an item, including our brand new 2021 Tab 400, it starts to age and experiences problems. 

The other important lesson we have learned came way before the purchase of a camper--or of anything-- and that is to enjoy the blessings of life. Problems will always come along and can get you down, or problems can teach you a lesson, teach you patience and teach to be joyful in the blessings you have.  
    Give thanks, put a smile on and enjoy your camper. It cost a lot of money but no matter the cost- it will never be perfect. It was designed by humans, and made by humans. If you feel that this camper is unfixable, I am sure there are many many people who would love to purchase your Tab. But I would encourage you to stick with the process. The enjoyment you get out of camping will make it all worthwhile.  ;)

mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 283
    Similar to others I find windows can shift. What I do is open it wide open and then lower it down with gentle pressure in the direction I need it to go, and it will align quite reliably with the latches that way. Hope that helps!
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    I agree and have used the alignment procedure described above for latches on the vertical sides of the window.

Just a point of clarification:

The shim issue I was dealing with concerned the horizontal latches across the bottom of the front window. For those, it wasn't alignment, it was a gap issue. 

First world problems... 😉
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop