Options

SITE GLASS FOR 320 ALDE RESERVOIR

2»

Comments

• Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    @BrianZ, the proverbial "water level"!  I shot elevations for my house years ago using a long garden hose with 3' pieces of clear lexan tubing on the ends, works like a charm!  And my dad was constantly taking advantage of my strong back too.  Sounds like your dad was working on one of the early versions of an infinity pool  :)
    And @ChanW, I'm changing my interior wood to cherry and I'm thinking about an artsy NIM/XAM holder (I hope everyone has read the whole thread so they know what a NIM and XAM is  =)
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @fstop32, Yep, that cherry will go nicely with the black walnut.  B) 

I think my vinyl-tubing water level still hangs in the barn that it leveled when we bought the property 25 years ago. It worked great for that job, but it never worked very well after the fungus developed inside it.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    edited August 2021
    BrianZ said:
    . . .  Question: Don't you still need a mirror on the wall behind the glycol tank to read the level markings?
    Yes, unless you have a very small head.
    Joking aside, you can visualize the tank, but the angle is such that you really can't see the NIM/XAM markings. You can get your phone in there though, and it should be easy to add a mirror, though I haven't done that yet.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Loving the NIM/XAM...  =)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited August 2021
    For the 2021 320S owners, I expect the previously shown white rubber plug would create a water-tight seal for a peephole in the removeable panel behind the toilet.  A light switch could be placed on, in or under the kitchen cabinets, where you could also find a 12V power line.  A small L-bracket could probably be used to mount one of the LED light strips against the side of the tank to light it up (and maybe provide some extra light in the compartment if you should need it).

PS:  I have a couple extra light strips & rubber plugs and could send a set [free] to any two of you who wants to do this mod I have shown above.  Just send me a private message with your name & address.  

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods