Options

In Memory of a Cherished T@B Family Member.

Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
We recently had a T@B family member pass away.  His loved ones asked that the announcement be posted to one of his favorite threads on the forum.  While I respect their wishes and completely understand their rationale, I only happened on that particular thread by accident.  Upon seeing the sad news, I posted my condolences and well wishes for the family and friends.  My only concern now is that so many of our family may have missed that announcement embedded in an old, unrelated post that had nothing to do with his passing.  I propose we create a new thread category that announces the passing of any family member so that the rest of us can be immediately informed and have the opportunity to share our thoughts, prayers and experiences with that person.
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.

Comments

• Options
    Excuse me, for the seven posters after my announcement of one of our family passing away, are you not interested as to who this was?  Do you not care?  For the untold many of you who viewed my post, is this not important to you?  Wow.  We just lost a wonderful member of our family.  What could we have done better to acknowledge his contribution to our body of T@B knowledge? 
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    This post confuses me. Why won't you say who the person is? A heartfelt testimonial would be a good way to let the group know the contributions of this person. Maybe someone else could add their own memories if they knew who it is? 
  • Options
    Deb55 - thank you for your interest and inquiry as to who this was.  It was Eric of ericanliz.  What a wonderful guy - humorous, thoughtful and always caring.  Never mean or insulting.  Just a force of nature in a positive  way.  We should all strive to be more like him.  I believe his beloved wife Liz recently preceded him in death. Deb55, would you be so kind as to create a new post to Eric and Liz acknowledging their lives for the rest of us to contribute our comments and condolences?
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,511
    Like @Deb55 I find this thread confusing, but for those who would like to read @2Cougs tribute to @ericnliz, here is the link:
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/172983/#Comment_172983
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    @Tabaz I'm not the right person to create a memory post for Eric. I didn't know him at all. It's probably better for a friend to do this, so the post can be heartfelt. He sounds like a really good person, deserving of his friend's tributes. 
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @Marceline thank you for posting the link

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2021
    I am reposting under the News category…. 
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I love you and Liz, Eric. When you get a chance, send a few angels our way for people who are stranded or are having problems. You guys were awesome here. I know you are well-known where you are now. When I'm lonely, I speak to the stars for all my friends who have left this Earth. I hope you hear me. I miss you all so much. :cry:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)