How to clean anything at the campsite (even dog vs. skunk!)

A new discussion area here for how to clean anything (yes, even dog vs. skunk) at your campsite, inside the T&B, the outside of the T@B. 
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    To clean those nasty black streaks under your windows on the outside, grab a bottle of “Awesome” at Dollar General (the other Dollar Stores and Olllie’s has it, too). Spray “Awesome” full strength on the black streaks, use a microfiber cloth and a bit of elbow grease, rinse and it’s gone. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Spilled red wine on your new white t-shirt?  Put Dawn on the spot, graft a soft brush (nail brush, old tooth brush, etc.), add a bit of water, then scrub the spot until it has disappeared. Rinse, let dry, and you will have a clean new t-shirt. 

(Best done while wine is wet.)

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Blood stains when you put a drill bit through your finger *looks innocent* :innocent:

After stemming the flow of blood and getting wrapped up, blood washes out of T-shirts or other clothing, like the dish towel you grabbed in a panic easily (btw, always keep a nicely stocked First Aid Kit with pressure bandages).

Use cold water only and usually bar soap like Dial (Mom-ism - Dawn probably works well too). Scrub the stain the old fashioned way of scrubbing clothes. Rub the material against itself where the stain is. Rinse in cold water. Add more soap, rub material against itself. Rinse in cold water.. repeat as necessary. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    edited September 2021
    DE-SKUNK YOUR DOG
    Posted this with pics of our last campsite... but probably better here :lol:
    Murphy's Law:  Our golden retriever, Murphydog , tends to find skunks!  He prefers sleeping outside "guarding his peeps", gets startled, barks, and gets sprayed.  Needless to say the first words out of our mouths in the middle of the night when he barks (because he usually doesn't) is, "SKUNK!!!!  Grab the windows!!!!!"
    Used to use tomato juice... now only use that when husband runs thru the cloud of skunk mist!!!  Now use hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and Dawn detergent ... We take Murphy down to the trailer dump station where they have a hose, put on rubber gloves and use that mixture, rinse him really well, and then have him swim in the lake. 

Mix together:

• 1 quart of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide
    • 1/4 cup baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap

Have been lucky that most campground stores carry all these ingredients.  Don't get it in their eyes, and don't store this mixture or make it ahead of time, as the mixture could explode if left in a bottle (remember Science Fair volcanoes with baking soda and vinegar), and don't leave it on too long (peroxide can bleach fur).

Source:  https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/de-skunking-your-dog
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

@Verna - about wine spots....
    My son-in-law says the only thing white wine is good for is getting red wine out of carpet.  When I had a guest spill an entire glass of Cabernet on my cream colored carpet, and "Wine-away didn't touch it, I grabbed a bottle of chardonnay (my drink of choice) and poured it on the spot... dabbed it with a dish towel and it all came out!

• CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    So then is rose` self-cleaning?  ;)
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus

@2Cougs, so I should keep a bottle of white around just for red wine spills?  You do know that space is at a premium in the T@B?    I’ll stick to Dawn and keep a bottle of red for drinking😂😂😂😂

Thanks for the tip
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Verna- No… you keep a bottle of white around in case I drop in to visit!  ;)

@2Cougs, when you tell me you’re heading to my way, be sure to tell me what your favorite is and it will be there!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The latest thing that had to be cleaned was left over from someone else that had been at the campsite. Apparently, pork rib bones were thrown in the fire pit. Mom had to distract her little 10 week old service pup with a ball so he didn't clean up someone else's mess. To this day, he drools horribly if I cook ribs. LOL.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)