Options

A bunch of firsts

Finally got around to doing some work on the T@B. 

I removed all the pads off of the stabilizers, spread the tabs apart, painted them, them made plastic washers to go between the pad tabs and the legs.  Now when i lower the stabilizers the pads hit the ground level instead of digging in and having to move them by hand. 

Installed the Aeroflow vent over the Fantastic Fan.  I had the clamp on type of fan so it was a little different of an install.  I used a ladder leaning on the side of the T@B with a chunk of old foam mattress underneath where it was touching and on the roof.  Lots of leaning and stretching.  The foam kept me from blistering my arms on the roof top.

We just got back from camping @ Disney's Fort Wilderness and it was the first trip with a cap on my truck.  It made it so much easier carrying gear and getting to them.  It had a lot more storage space then the lift type  tonneau cover I previously was using.

First time we used the PahaQue add a room in the rain.  We were not impressed.  What a poor design.  The window flaps are on the inside of the room and sewed at the bottom, so all the rain ran off the roof (after it puddled) and gushed out of the bottom all over the floor.  The room is currently on my screen room drying out using 3 fans.  The window was designed upside down and inside out.  If the flap was sewed at the top on the outside none of this would happen.  It worked fine on a previous trip when it didn't rain.

It was the first time using the A/C in the 320, the one above the driver side bed.  I had tested it in the driveway to make sure it cooled down.  I tried to get the nose down a little below level but I couldn't without taking off the wheel.  I was waiting for the dreaded soaked bed.  BUT, it never happened.  Maybe we have a magical unit.  Running it all night for 3 nights, I never saw a wet spot in or outside of the trailer.  I even pulled the wood trim off, and the little bit of the drip pan I could see was totally dry.  I even looked at the tube under the seat, and it was dry. 
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    edited September 2021
    @Tampakayaker - our tent will pool on the roof, but we use a device made of PVC to “tent” the tent roof.  Works very well.  By having the flaps on the inside, we can quickly open or close the window flaps.  Used in rain and snow - no window leaks.  We’re yours zipped and velcroed?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    @Tampakayaker - our tent will pool on the roof, but we use a device made of PVC to “tent” the tent roof.  Works very well.  By having the flaps on the inside, we can quickly open or close the window flaps.  Used in rain and snow - no window leaks.  We’re yours zipped and velcroed?
    I’ve seen the different mods with poles and will be looking into making something.  Leaning towards a pole going from window to window with pvc Ts at the bottom. Yes the flaps were zippered and Velcro’d. To me it’s a poor design, most tents have the window flaps on the outside so the rain rolls off, just like the rooms outer door flap.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    renesadaerenesadae Member Posts: 51
    Hey @Tampakayaker can you post up a pic of what you did w/stabilizers please?
    Dave & René
    1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
    Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
    Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    renesadae said:
    Hey @Tampakayaker can you post up a pic of what you did w/stabilizers please?
    The pads seemed like they were bolted too tight. I always had to position them by hand because the edge would dig in.  Since they had some rust on them, I unbolted them from the legs to paint them, then spread the two tabs on the pads slightly apart.  I made some washers out of a flexible cutting board from Dollar Tree.  The board is a little thicker than a milk jug. I put a washer between each tab and the leg and bolted them back on.  I snugged up the bolts just enough so there wasn’t any excess play, but loose enough so the pads pivoted freely. Now when I lower the arms the pads stay level and hit the ground without digging in.
    Tampa FL