Options

scratches on exterior of Sofitel

I need ideas on how to repair the exterior surface of my 2016 320 Sofitel.  I just discovered this nasty patch of scratches on the rear at about eye level (I'm 5/4").  It's 6.5 inches wide (photo is close up). I snapped this at an angle that shows them the darkest, it appears to have gone well through the outer gel coat.  I have no idea what did this. It looks like maybe something fell against it and then fell to the side. It's also very slightly dented.  I was camping this weekend for two nights just 30 minutes from home and I didn't back into anything; the campsite was one of the easiest to back into I've ever had. No trees or bushes behind the trailer. I think this might even have happened after I got home but again, I don't know how.  Suggestions for repair?

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @rbyrne, the sofitel model you have is completely aluminum coated. A thin sheet of aluminum covers the azdel layer.The sides as well as the one piece roof front to back. Any auto body shop will be able to just pull the slight indentation out and repair the gel coat. Other model t@bs have alumifiber sides and scratches there are tougher to repair, although other members here have had good results going to auto body shops or rv repair shops. Sorry your t@b baby has suffered a booboo. Good luck with this and let us know the results. -Denise,   2017 Sofitel
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    I had a dealer get some white touch up paint from NuCamp. I intend to apply it in spring, and use a very fine sandpaper to soften it up and then use the Meguier's wash and wax.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @JP2558, the Sofitel model appears gray. It is actually a polished or painted aluminum. The white touch up paint will not work for @rbyrne. But your suggestion may help someone else dealing with scratch repair on a white trailer. Thanks for the input.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    rbyrnerbyrne Member Posts: 3
    Jerry (jp2558), thanks, I guess a dealer is my best bet.  And Denise (dragonsdofly), that's a good option, too.  I appreciate your help, folks.