Options

Overheating wheel on my 2015 T@b

2»

Comments

• Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    @Mickerly & @manyman297, I couldn't agree more with you both.  It's just this time I personally know the only other owner of this T@b so I have first hand knowledge of what has and hasn't been done to it.  He treats his stuff very well so I know he hasn't abused it while he owned it.
    I worded my email very carefully, only stating the facts of what I found and asked if they had any suggestions or ideas for how best to "properly" exterminate the crabs!  =)
    Overall I've been very impressed with their product.  I've seen other brands 6 years old and the only way to move them is on the back of a skid truck heading to a final resting ground.  And when you see people on the forum with 10 and 15 year old DM's you have to know you're getting a good product overall.  I've only had a problem in the communication area and securing parts in a timely and orderly fashion.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 346
    Agreed completely. And especially not wanting a trailer with crabs.  ; )
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    Update on the body being offset on the trailer chassis situation:  I got a response back from NuCamp that said they had to do some of that back in 2015 because the chassis was in the way of the shower drain pipe if the body was set properly centered on the chassis...  They had no solution to offer me (I did appreciate their reply to my inquiry though).
    Apparently some of the 2015's also got a single wheel spacer installed on the driver side and some didn't.  There is a gentleman on YT with a 2015 who had a hole worn in his inner wheel well on the driver side and his did not have the spacer.  His solution was to split the wheel well and put in an aluminum flat bar strap to hold the two pieces apart.
    I think I can solve my situation by installing a 6mm spacer on both sides.  I think that will be just enough to not have it rubbing the wheel well and I have room on the passenger side for that wheel to not rub the outer wheel well.  At least that should not put additional friction and wear on my tires.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Sounds like a good plan, thanks for posting nüCamp’s response.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.