2018 Tab400 Valve Configuration

I have yet to find a diagram that matches or instructions that are directly applicable to the valve / plumbing configuration of our 2018 Tab400. Even the dealer wasn’t 100% sure of the purpose of each valve.

I have numbered them 1-4 in the attached image. Here are my attempts at identification:

#1 - low point drain, hot?
#2 - this seems to duplicate the Alde relief valve (as both valve #2 and #4 are part of the same run). When I opened it up to winterize, hot water came out.
#3 - low point drain, cold?
#4 - this is the “Alde relief valve,” This drains water out of the boiler correct?

Can anyone please help me verify?

We winterized using the blowout method, so I think we’re properly winterized, it would just help me to know the purpose of each of these valves.

Thank you so much!

Tony

Comments

• qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    Try this video from Patrick of Travels with Delaney on drain valves. It shows your configuration without Alde Flow in a 2018

https://youtu.be/38sqyG5-ow4

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited November 2021
    Correct, the three valves (1,2,&3) are your low point drains, as follows:
     1- Hot water lines to sinks and shower
     2- Alde hot water tank drain
     3- Cold water lines to toilet, sinks and shower.

The yellow valve (No. 4 in your post), by the Alde heater, is a pressure overflow valve, you do not need to open this to drain the hot water tank, as low point drain valve #2 does this, and is easier to reach.
     Cheers 

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • tonygebelytonygebely Member Posts: 17
    qhumberd said:
    Try this video from Patrick of Travels with Delaney on drain valves. It shows your configuration without Alde Flow in a 2018

https://youtu.be/38sqyG5-ow4
    That video was super helpful @qhumberd, thank you, exact same config!
    Denny16 said:
    Correct, the three valves (1,2,&3) are yiur low point drains, as follows:
     1- Hot water lines to sinks and shower
     2- Alde hot water tank drain
     3- Cold water lines to toilet, sinks and shower.

The yellow valve (No. 4 in your post), by the Alde heater, is a pressure overflow valve, you do not need to open this to drain the hot water tank, as low point drain valve #2 does this, and is easier to reach.
     Cheers 

@Denny16 thank you so much for confirming, I really appreciate it!