Purple Line mover

Hi,
I ordered a Purple Line enduro mover for my t@b last June directly from the company. I was initially told the order would arrive in August, which I understood because of backlogged supply chain issues. I have already paid for the unit. I have received no email updates of status and have had varying degrees of information on when the product may come in. Called in late August and was informed that there were supply chain issues but that they were expecting a shipment in October. I called in October, and was told their computer system was down and they could not check. I emailed, and through email that same week was told that the shipment was there, and that I would receive an email when my order went out. I never received an email. Called in November, and they are now saying it will be a “couple months”!!  I understand supply chain issues, but the runaround I am experiencing in communication through this company is upsetting. I was really looking forward to getting the unit, and have not seen any better trailer dollys out there. Has anyone else had trouble getting their order for a year?
2021 320S Boondock
2021 Toyota Tacoma

Comments

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    While my contacts with them were many years ago, they were very accommodating and responsive. I'm sure they are doing all they can.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,498
    FWIW, I think that Costco has a deal on the Trailer Valet, if that would work for you. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    The Tab owners I personally know who’ve installed these all did so before the supply chain issues blew up, so no, your experience with ordering won’t match theirs or mine. But your situation sounds very similar to what I’ve heard from many people waiting on various kinds of appliances, furniture, building supplies, etc.

Document EVERYTHING. And stop waiting for them to get around to contacting you—they likely have dozens or even hundreds of customers in your situation. Call weekly and ask for an updated status. You want to be polite, but just enough of a pest to stay on their radar. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Long shot, but it might be worth asking if a different model will be available sooner. Many Tab owners in the last two years went with the Quattro rather than the Enduro. I haven’t looked at their site in quite a while, but the Quattro was something of a special order at least for a time, and I thought I heard there was something even newer coming out as well (don’t quote me on that though, memory’s pretty fuzzy tonight).
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Cancel your order, inform bank of non delivery of purchase.  Look into Trailer Valet.
    Covid  has become an old and worn out excuse for poor customer service across our lives.  It’s overdue for businesses to get their act together.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,498
    GatorEgg said:
    Cancel your order, inform bank of non delivery of purchase.  Look into Trailer Valet.
    Covid  has become an old and worn out excuse for poor customer service across our lives.  It’s overdue for businesses to get their act together.
    It’s a fact that there is a huge container back up at the SoCal ports. 
    I don’t that it’s fair to pretend this is an imaginary issue. Retailers honestly don’t know when merchandise will get through. 
    OTOH I think that it’s wrong for retailers to post credit card charges before they have a ship date. I’m still waiting for something I ordered in early October, and my CC was billed as soon as I placed the order. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab