Options

Are these Batteries hooked up right? (Solved)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
Had dealer install lithium batteries. Aren't they supposed to be positive to negative to connect them together? They are 100amphr Battleborn batteries.  It looks like they are installed parallel. Maybe each one is 12 volts? I forgot to check. 

Update: yep, they are 12 volt each so connected right! Sorry i should have checked that before posting but i didn't think of it until after i posted. I was use to the 6volt AGM batteries.

Comments

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Correct. In all battery configurations, positive to positive maintains the voltage. Positive to negative increases the voltage. 
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I had read somewhere that if you are using a battery monitoring system they recommend that you wire the batteries in parallel as opposed to a series configuration.  I would contact Battle Born and get their opinion on it so nothing is damaged.  Better to be safe than sorry.  👍🏻

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    As @JohnDanielsCPA said, to maintain voltage, connect positive to positive and negative to negative, this combines the Amp Hours but maintains the voltage.

If you connect negative to positive, you will be adding the voltages together but Amp Hours remains as a single battery.

As shown in the photo, you have them in Parallel (positive to positive and negative to negative) which keeps the voltage at 12 volts but combines the Amp Hours, so you have 200 Ah.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC